drone no fly zones

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
Statue of Liberty, Mount Rushmore, Boston National Historical Park, Philadelphia’s Independence National Historical Park and Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis, Missouri.

Five dams also are on the list: Nevada’s Hoover Dam, Shasta and Folsom Dams in California, Arizona’s Glen Canyon Dam and Washington’s Grand Coulee Dam.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...tm_term=.286491f0c064&wpisrc=nl_sb_smartbrief

Hey were the FAA and..
image.jpg

No wonder the FAA has to TELL people it's hazardous to doubt them, I mean look at how they handle themselves and it's hard to take them seriously.

image.png

Now, in other news, this was brought to the attention of the FSDO, a police department illegally flying a drone, not staying VFR, not having a sUAS cert or a COA, and being a royal ass when I called them to just mention the rules to them, so I call the FSDO... FSDO reaction, "well we will try to talk to them and offer them some suggestions, but we like to keep good relations with the police"

So basically someone blatantly violating more than one FAR, the drone version of driving recklessly without even having a drivers license, and the Feds decide not to enforce their own rules.....but want to make more rules
.... so some kid operating within part 107, with a sUAS cert who wants to get a drone photo of Lincoln and everyone loses their minds, but turn a blind eye to the real violations from public officials who straight don't care about the FARs

FAIL FAIL FAIL

Last edited:
Your crop James? :confused:

Lol, no, but as someone who flys IFR for a living, it's more about my windshield and life.

In the same state this photo was taken, on that same week, a Blackhawk got hit by the SAME type of drone, resulting in damage to a LARGE helicopter that was built to survive war, I'd rather not have a rerun of that with my much more fragile Cessna or the work plane.

It's just like gun laws, don't bother enforcing the important existing ones, but keep pushing dumber and dumber new laws.

Not to mention that might hurt the illicit drug growing business...

All the big dealers seem to be doing just fine

IMG_1596.pNg

Besides prohibition is the best thing for the drug trade, heck the booze ban made the mob a ton of cash and power.

End of the day you don't get to be law enforcement and break laws, putting more lives at risk than the "criminals" you're trying to catch.

It's just like gun laws, don't bother enforcing the important existing ones, but keep pushing dumber and dumber new laws.

What are the important existing ones? (Honest question).

There's only one, really. Google "Second Amendment."

(Honest answer.)

Beyond that, I would say consumer protection laws that require product safety. Don't want my gun blowing up in my hand.

Not to shoot people with them, use a little common sense when selling, stuff 99.99% of people do anyways.

There's only one, really. Google "Second Amendment."

(Honest answer.)

Beyond that, I would say consumer protection laws that require product safety. Don't want my gun blowing up in my hand.
If ya don't want yer "gun" blowing up in yer hand then stop playing with it...

AOPA news story on this
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media.../weaponized-drones-prompt-flight-restrictions

My take, in a nutshell: IEDs are falling from the sky in the Middle East and Ukraine, it is imminent they will come here, and our government cannot really stop them.

Not being able to really stop them of course doesn't mean nothing will be done. Security Theater is always possible. So, that's why we have the newly announced ban on flying drones near a handful of dams, the Arch in St Louis, and a few other oddly selected sites.

AOPA news story on this
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media.../weaponized-drones-prompt-flight-restrictions

My take, in a nutshell: IEDs are falling from the sky in the Middle East and Ukraine, it is imminent they will come here, and our government cannot really stop them.

Not being able to really stop them of course doesn't mean nothing will be done. Security Theater is always possible. So, that's why we have the newly announced ban on flying drones near a handful of dams, the Arch in St Louis, and a few other oddly selected sites.

Are we going back to thinking if we don't do all the stupid stuff the government try's to cram down out throat "the terrorists win"? Man! I thought we evolved beyond that. Meh

"The FAA says the new restrictions came at the request of U.S. national security and law enforcement agencies."
Yea. Can you imagine the devastation if a toy quadcopter were to get out of control and crash into the 660 foot thick concrete base of the Hoover dam???

How are they going to stop them? Have guards patrolling with anti-drone guns? The DCFRA sure keeps people from flying planes into the middle of it...

"The FAA says the new restrictions came at the request of U.S. national security and law enforcement agencies."
Yea. Can you imagine the devastation if a toy quadcopter were to get out of control and crash into the 660 foot thick concrete base of the Hoover dam???

Gee, I guess now those poor terrorists will be forced to resort to using toy boats...

Are we going back to thinking if we don't do all the stupid stuff the government try's to cram down out throat "the terrorists win"? Man! I thought we evolved beyond that. Meh

You have it backwards. If we do all of these things, the terrorists win. We have succumbed to fear.

You have it backwards. If we do all of these things, the terrorists win. We have succumbed to fear.

Exactly 100%

Because we all know the terrorists are going to be like "Damn, we could have killed a ton of infedels, but with hay new rule out it would be against the law to fly our drone over that monument" lol

Hey were the FAA and..
image.jpg

No wonder the FAA has to TELL people it's hazardous to doubt them, I mean look at how they handle themselves and it's hard to take them seriously.

image.png

Now, in other news, this was brought to the attention of the FSDO, a police department illegally flying a drone, not staying VFR, not having a sUAS cert or a COA, and being a royal ass when I called them to just mention the rules to them, so I call the FSDO... FSDO reaction, "well we will try to talk to them and offer them some suggestions, but we like to keep good relations with the police"

So basically someone blatantly violating more than one FAR, the drone version of driving recklessly without even having a drivers license, and the Feds decide not to enforce their own rules.....but want to make more rules
.... so some kid operating within part 107, with a sUAS cert who wants to get a drone photo of Lincoln and everyone loses their minds, but turn a blind eye to the real violations from public officials who straight don't care about the FARs

FAIL FAIL FAIL
I think you need to keep trying...

Being in law enforcement myself, nothing peeves me off more than those in law enforcement that are hypocrites, thinking they are above the law...they are making the rest of us look bad. If I were you, I'd try contacting the news, and letting the chief/sheriff know you are contacting the news. Since most heads of law enforcement are now political positions, I'd send an email, and CC the local mayor/county exec, etc. Same goes for the local FSDO.

Did it, not one crap given.

You're welcome to try too, maybe they might actually care if it came from someone on the other side of that blue line people keep talking about :dunno:

Chemung County Sheriff’s Office
203 William St P.O. Box 558
Elmira, NY14902

tel:607-737-2987

http://www.chemungsheriff.net/index.asp?pageId=263

one wouldn't do much of anything, but if TWO hit it in the same spot....I shudder to think.

Back