Drone hits plane on climb out

Yeah but it was probably the police departments drone:lol:

Yeah but it was probably the police departments drone:lol:

Oh yeah, when it does actually really happen I wager it won't be a little peeping tom quad copter, it'll be a PD or CBP drone.

This is exactly why people need to let it go already... This is why he made that video, because of fear mongers who publicize this crap.

Drones and cameras everywhere are the way of the future people, so stop hindering the progress with all this bogus and nonsensical regulation garbage.

Those drones will save lives very soon, and the camera's will help provide a safer environment for emergency services of all types, so stop babbling about "drone danger". It's malarkey, period.

Stop letting the FAA do whatever the hell they want, and start putting them in their place!

Don't confuse save lives with increase revenue. Not the same, though one is often used to justify the other.

Any bets on when the first real collision will take place and kill someone? Tomorrow? 6 months? A Year? 172? SR22? A320?

This pilot, who once flew too close to one and reported it, supports the FAA in its efforts to implement rules that strike a good balance between safety and the current dangerous "free for all".

I predicted long ago, with great controversy on this website, that eventually there will be a tragedy. And then we'd get serious about striking a good compromise.

I'm encouraged that the FAA doesn't seem to be waiting for the disaster. I hope my prediction was wrong.

A GA plane/drone midair with 4 people dying is not a tragedy. I'd think an airline could take most drone hits without loss of life. If tragedy is what you want you are going to be disappointed. Betcha the first GA plane/drone collision will be from two parties playing together for the footage and getting it wrong.:lol: Hey if we get drone operators FAST cards there won't be any problems right?:rofl:

Tragedy? What tragedy?

A 4 lb drone hitting an aircraft will be about as tragic as a 4 lb bird hitting an aircraft. It will cause damage, but let's not go overboard foaming at the mouth, or no one will take the issue seriously at all. It's not likely at all to kill anyone. It's a property damage issue.

The only difference is that you won't have bird guts all over the airplane or in your lap.

The first "real" collision has probably already happened, and you haven't heard about it because it wasn't significant.

I'm encouraged that the FAA doesn't seem to be waiting for the disaster. I hope my prediction was wrong.

Requiring a pilots license to fly one is not the answer. Why would a pilots license help?

Create a permit for it specifically, cover airspace, cover regs, cover all sorts of other stuff. But forcing someone to plan and fly a cross country makes no damn sense.

What is the clue that the video in the OP is a fake?

And did I read that right? 4 people dying in a GA airplane/drone strike would not be a tragedy?

I would certainly consider it a tragedy if I was one of the four, or if I knew any of the four, or, oh hell, four people dying in an accidental drone strike would be a tragedy regardless of who they were.

Tragedy? What tragedy?

A 4 lb drone hitting an aircraft will be about as tragic as a 4 lb bird hitting an aircraft. It will cause damage, but let's not go overboard foaming at the mouth, or no one will take the issue seriously at all. It's not likely at all to kill anyone. It's a property damage issue.

The only difference is that you won't have bird guts all over the airplane or in your lap.

The first "real" collision has probably already happened, and you haven't heard about it because it wasn't significant.

We need bigger drones

And did I read that right? 4 people dying in a GA airplane/drone strike would not be a tragedy?

I would certainly consider it a tragedy if I was one of the four, or if I knew any of the four, or, oh hell, four people dying in an accidental drone strike would be a tragedy regardless of who they were.

Just seen a lot of home made CG videos and they all have the same tale tale artifacts that you tend to see in these videos. It looks like it was done with adobe after effects.

Southwest doesn't usually advertise Branit.com on it's wingtips. Other than looking like a CGI video, that's a dead giveaway.

drone-plane-hits-southwest-airlines-branit-665x385.jpg

And by definition, a drone if somehow causing the death of people in GA aircraft doesn't really fit the bill of 'tragedy'. Sad, terrible, unfortunate, yes definitely. But tragedy, by definition, no.

an event causing great suffering, destruction, and distress, such as a serious accident, crime, or natural catastrophe.
"a tragedy that killed 95 people"
synonyms:disaster, calamity, catastrophe, cataclysm, misfortune, mishap, blow, trial, tribulation, affliction, adversity "the flood was the worst tragedy in the city's history"

A few years ago I was cruising along at FL200 when suddenly a weather balloon appeared. I missed it by about 200 feet.

Why haven't people complained about weather balloons in public airspace?

(the little box with all the instruments would put a dent in flying if hit)

What about Superman? Has anyone else noticed he flies without clearance and radios?

737 winglets are over 8' tall...look at the still pictures, that would make the "drone" about 5' or more in diameter. I've never seen a multi-rotor drone anywhere near that size. Also, the drone would be terribly lightweight and very fragile compared to the winglet. At best you'd probably get a few dings in the winglet, it certainly wouldn't break off half of the winglet.

Not to mention this would be all over the news.

If you find that video on Youtube there is a follow-on 'making of' video that shows how the original video of just wingtip was altered with Adobe tools to add the drone, collision, and damaged wingtip.

This is exactly why people need to let it go already... This is why he made that video, because of fear mongers who publicize this crap.

Drones and cameras everywhere are the way of the future people, so stop hindering the progress with all this bogus and nonsensical regulation garbage.

Those drones will save lives very soon, and the camera's will help provide a safer environment for emergency services of all types, so stop babbling about "drone danger". It's malarkey, period.

Stop letting the FAA do whatever the hell they want, and start putting them in their place!

Drone grounds firefight in CA.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ations-Ordered-Lake-Fire-Grows-309664161.html

And how bout that one nearly the size of a driveway garbage can that I almost hit (had to evade) over the Hudson at 4000 feet with 80 souls on board ?

The cavalier attitude of many operators will hinder progress faster than anything .. Collisions with manned aircraft WILL happen

drones are great but they are limited and should not be operated by every single member of the smart phone culture .... They are deserving of the FNG status in our airspace system .

Last edited:
Back