Driver Power Update Failure -Windows 10

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
I just had a new computer built up. Intel i9-9980ex, 64 GB DDR4SRAM, 2TB SSD, 1 TB NVME (L2 cache), EVGA X299 FTW K Motherboard.

Now, when I power on after it’s been off a while, I get the above error, then the blue screen of death. After it restarts, everything is fine, but my L2 cache is invalidated.

I researched the issue(MS was no help) and it said to set all the network adapters to maximum effort and update all your drivers. I’ve done that, but still no joy.

I’m hoping the POA Brain Trust has some helpful suggestions. Thanks

I just had a new computer built up. Intel i9-9980ex, 64 GB DDR4SRAM, 2TB SSD, 1 TB NVME (L2 cache), EVGA X299 FTW K Motherboard.

Now, when I power on after it’s been off a while, I get the above error, then the blue screen of death. After it restarts, everything is fine, but my L2 cache is invalidated.

I researched the issue(MS was no help) and it said to set all the network adapters to maximum effort and update all your drivers. I’ve done that, but still no joy.

I’m hoping the POA Brain Trust has some helpful suggestions. Thanks

Ain’t got a clue. Just stopping by to note the irony of your screen name and the problem.:) G’luck solving it.

Enter BIOS and see if whoever built your computer set the overclocking too high. Set it to default setting until you get the issue resolved.
Go into settings and uninstall anything that looks like a driver including your video driver. The goal is get your computer back to a stable environment. Windows 10 will load the drivers you need.
Test the voltage on your power supply. There are some testers that can do this for a reasonable price or you can use a voltmeter. Voltage out of spec can cause all kinds of problems. If your power supply is too small for your new enhancements, you may need to upgrade that too.
Use Belarc Advisor https://www.belarc.com/products_belarc_advisor to check the SMART reading on your hard drive. The free version is fine. If you get a reading of anything other than "healthy" consider replacing the drive. I am suggesting this because you mentioned L2 corruption issues.
If you think it may be a Windows problem, run Tweaking on your computer. https://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html The free version is fine. This can run for several hours before it finishes but it checks everything. That software is awesome.

Back