Dream To Be A Airline Pilot

A job that balances that out is great. I have found that job. Not everyone does, but I did. They are out there.

I agree the balance is the best thing about it...I have far more actual time spent in my own home than ever before...18 hard days off a month is a bunch...and affords me a freedom I never had at a "real" job....however the fruits come at a price...there were days flying boxes and doctors around that were borderline misery due to the schedules.

I actually HATE having weekends off. You can't get anything done. Every other knuckle-head in the world is off too. I much prefer my 20 days a month off to shuffling to work in traffic with every other wage-slave and then struggling home the same way. For some it is all they know. For me it would be a very slow DEATH.

if you can make it to an airline that can provide you a flying job without laying off for 30 year.. that will be great, but too many risk at an airline in this country, look at those big boys , ua / co merged, aa / us are in talks of merging, nw / dl, or 10 + years ago aa & twa.. and remember there is a seniority system there, you might be a captain of a 747, the next year you will end up being a 737 f/o .. i m not bs, but it's real.. it;s your decision to chase this airline pilot dream to fly big shinny jets

Back