DRE out of business?

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I had a screw come loose again from the boom on my DRE ENC-6000 headset. I found a screw and one bolt but I think there's a washer missing.

I see that drecomm.com got picked up by a domain squatter.

Are they out of business? I see that Aircraft Spruce is still selling them.

I guess I'll AvShop and get a phone number for them.

Otherwise it's Ace hardware and Lock-Tite.

I had a screw come loose again from the boom on my DRE ENC-6000 headset. I found a screw and one bolt but I think there's a washer missing.

I see that drecomm.com got picked up by a domain squatter.

Are they out of business? I see that Aircraft Spruce is still selling them.

I guess I'll AvShop and get a phone number for them.

Otherwise it's Ace hardware and Lock-Tite.

Mike, I can take a look at mine and maybe tell you what's missing. Be tomorrow before I get to the plane.

Mike, I can take a look at mine and maybe tell you what's missing. Be tomorrow before I get to the plane.

Thanks. I'll go back to the plane and try sweeping the floor with magnet to see if I can find the washer part.

I may need a new headset anyway. I've been getting complaints from some ATC on being unreadable. I'm going to have the avionics checked now.

Which screw came out? The one at the elbow? I'll take a couple of pictures.

Which screw came out? The one at the elbow? I'll take a couple of pictures.

Yeah. I have the bolt, and one v-tapered nut. There must be a washer for under the bolt because the bolt head goes right through the hole on the outer arm.

Yeah. I have the screw, and one v-tapered nut. There must be a washer for under the screw because the screw head goes right through the hole on the outer arm.

I have a lesson scheduled for 11-13 tomorrow. I'll post later in the PM.

I have a lesson scheduled for 11-13 tomorrow. I'll post later in the PM.

Thanks! Don't sweat it, Eric. I'm sure I can find a washer that'll work.

Do I get points for catching the tiny bolt, actually picking it out of the folds of my pants, and stuffing it in a pants pocket, while flying an aircraft at 150MPH with no autopilot...AND I managed to find it on landing?

Thanks! Don't sweat it, Eric. I'm sure I can find a washer that'll work.

Do I get points for catching the tiny bolt, actually picking it out of the folds of my pants, and stuffing it in a pants pocket, while flying an aircraft at 150MPH with no autopilot...AND I managed to find it on landing?

You sure do. Good job.:rofl:

No problem. Camera's in the flight bag. If you do replace yours I might be interested in spare parts. I like mine and was sad they folded.

Here you go Mike. Looks exactly like the threaded end but with a hole drilled thru. I can send high res but I don't think you'll need it.

Eric

Attachments

• dre_bolt_003.jpg
    dre_bolt_003.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 18
  • dre_bolt_005.jpg
    dre_bolt_005.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 15
  • dre_bolt_007.jpg
    dre_bolt_007.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 17
Here you go Mike. Looks exactly like the threaded end but with a hole drilled thru. I can send high res but I don't think you'll need it.

Eric

THANKS! I still hope I can find it on the floor on the plane.

THEY'RE BACK!
http://www.drecommunications.com/aviation_headsets.htm

Talked the guy at Oshkosh. Headsets, Inc. bought DRE and you can get parts and service

I mentioned I have a complete spare set of parts now. :redface: What I have now is an extra DRE 6000 headset. :D

Eric, you want it back?

He said that the old 6000 works with the new battery pack, but the auto shut-off won't work. They changed the way the electronics works.

Last edited:
THEY'RE BACK!

Talked the guy at Oshkosh. Headsets, Inc. bought DRE and you can get parts and service

I mentioned I have a complete spare set of parts now. :redface: What I have now is an extra DRE 6000 headset. :D

Eric, you want it back?

He said that the old 6000 works with teh new battery pack, but teh auto shut-off won't work. They changed the way the electronics works.

Glad to hear this- I have dealt with Headsets, Inc. and they are top-notch in their approach to customer service. I'll wish them the best in ongoing success.

THEY'RE BACK!

Eric, you want it back?

Maybe,If there is enough left to make it worth fixing. I sure liked them. I wonder what boom would cost.

Back