Dr. Robert Detweiler - Philly area - Any recommendation?

bmoeller

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
RedHeadBarron
Getting my 3rd class exam for the first time since I stopped flying 10yrs ago.

Anyone ever use Dr. Detweiler or any recommended alternatives around the Philly / Allentown area?

I went ahead and booked my Class 3 exam. Initially I was told half hour for the exam. Then the receptionist corrected herself and said it's only 15min for a 3rd.

Am I missing something here? I feel like that's just enough time for them to take a pulse and make sure I can breathe. Granted, I'm not worried about passing it. I lift 3 days a week with 4-5 days of cardio and eat a clean diet to maintain weight. That being said, he doesn't know that until I get in there. I'm 41, so I was wondering if I get the over 40 "special" exam.

3rd stuff is usually pretty short. Medexpress has made it all a tiny bit shorter. Hopefully they told you about that.

The exam may only be 15 minutes but most docs don't really have good control of their waiting room nor any sense of the paperwork stuff that'll take a while to fill out for the front desk people, so plan an hour or so.

Like any doc's office.

If you see twelve people in the waiting room, expect two hours. Ha.

3rd stuff is usually pretty short. Medexpress has made it all a tiny bit shorter. Hopefully they told you about that.

Yeah....MedExpress was one of the first things I completed when I reached out to a CFI. They told me to jump right on that. So cool that we can get those little details out of the way early like that.

I waited longer than the exam also. It consisted of weight, pulse, blood pressure and a very quick visual acuity test.
That was it.

Used Dr. Detweiler for a lot of years, good guy. The actual exam is probably only 15-30 minutes. Add in the time for paperwork and general BS'ing with the Doctor, it is usually an hour, start to finish.

Recommend Dr Steven Carver in Doylestown.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back