Dr. Bruce to your email please. Dr Bruce to your email.

Long story short, I "look" like I should be horribly disabled, but am not. And it's a conversation I have every month or so whenever somebody who hasn't met me before works up the nerve to ask.

Well that's just stupid. How you look has nothing to do with how you behave.

I look like a giant geek and....

Ok I'm a poor example.

Hope you are successful with minimal inconvenience!

Oh but doncha know? Since it used to be a three digit number, it must always be a three digit number! :rofl:
It was never a 3-digit number. However, it's been abbreviated from the full section number for decades, even when it was 44609 and called a "609" ride.

That's what it is now, but it was 44609 a long time ago, and it was referred to as a "609" ride back then -- the abbreviation was altered to 709 when the section was renumbered (before your time, I think, as you've only been flying, what, 20 years or so?). A lot like the certificate above Commercial, which a few really old folks may still inadvertently call an "ATR" rather than the newer "ATP" (another change from before your time, and nearly before mine).

That's what it is now, but it was 44609 a long time ago, and it was referred to as a "609" ride back then -- the abbreviation was altered to 709 when the section was renumbered (before your time, I think, as you've only been flying, what, 20 years or so?). A lot like the certificate above Commercial, which a few really old folks may still inadvertently call an "ATR" rather than the newer "ATP" (another change from before your time, and nearly before mine).

And.... Nobody cares what it was 20+ years ago. Hard for is old farts to swallow, but they don't. ;)

And.... Nobody cares what it was 20+ years ago. Hard for is old farts to swallow, but they don't. ;)
Just because you don't care doesn't mean nobody cares. It was a history lesson in how that abbreviation came about in answer to someone asking about it. So, somebody did care enough to ask, and I answered. Then Henning tried to correct me about something that wasn't wrong, and I felt obliged to point out that what I had posted was not in error.

Just because you don't care doesn't mean nobody cares. It was a history lesson in how that abbreviation came about in answer to someone asking about it. So, somebody did care enough to ask, and I answered. Then Henning tried to correct me about something that wasn't wrong, and I felt obliged to point out that what I had posted was not in error.

Heh. Keep believing that. We could do a poll.

"Do you care that 44709 rides were once 44609 rides?"

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the poll (especially if they'd never seen this thread) would be a resounding, "Don't care!"

Heh. No offense Ron, it's just fact.

Heh. Keep believing that. We could do a poll.

"Do you care that 44709 rides were once 44609 rides?"

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the poll (especially if they'd never seen this thread) would be a resounding, "Don't care!"

Heh. No offense Ron, it's just fact.

It only takes one person to disprove "nobody cares," and I'm that person!

(Can I help it if I'm into trivia? :D)

Settle down children. We will settle this by calling it a '09 ride' Then all we will have to deal with is people asking why do people who took checkrides in 2009 have to do them over?:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back