Dr. Bruce Chien -- in Bangor?

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Hey, Bruce:

Were you in Bangor -- Dow AF Base -- during the following referenced period?

As I read about James Brown being laid to rest -- or at any time I might think about James Brown -- I can't forget about
meeting him, many years ago. Yes, you are reading this, correctly.

I was working for Bob Dow, at WGUY, in Bangor. Directly across from the Bangor Auditorium were a couple motor hotels.
I think one of them was one of the Quality Inn chain. At any rate, Larry Donovan - "King in the Queen City" -- (and whose
name was the reason, when I came in from Boston, that I couldn't go on-the-air as "Larry Leyman," thereby becoming
"Jerry Leyman") was the instigator for my bachelor party. It was held at that motel. Of course, all the guys from the station,
and other cohorts, were there. So were two gorgeous black ladies who ............................... whatever. Who were they?
Two of the background singers/dancers with James Brown, the band's appearance at the Bangor Auditorium having been
promoted for the following night by Larry Donovan. And all the station staff got to see the show. And it was fantastic!
His energy was seemingly limitless. I'm surprised he didn't kick the bucket years ago, so intense has been his energy-level while in performance.

HR

Back