DPE and CFII?

Jason608

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jason608
I have had significant issues scheduleing the IFR Checkride in AZ since December. (Maintenance, CFII problems, No DPEs, etc) I'm going to go out of state for a refresher and the Checkride. I have several options but just found this guy that is the CFII and the DPE. I did not know you could even do that! Any reviews on Jim Fleming, Flight Methods Aviation http://www.flightmethodsaviation.com. Is it common to do both the CFII and the DPE?

Guy who ferried my Lance to me was a DPE and CFII. Upon in arrival, he promptly checked me out and endorsed me for HP/Complex.

Hes up in MI if you need the info, pm me.

A DPE is required to have a current flight instructor certificate but if he trains you he can't test you as a DPE unless another instructor endorses you for the checkride.

"7. Testing Applicants Trained by the Designee. Except as noted in subparagraphs 7a, 7b, and 7c, a designee who trains an applicant for a certificate or rating may only test that applicant if another instructor has given the applicant at least 3 hours of flight instruction in the 2 calendar-months prior to the test, in preparation for the test, and is the recommending instructor. "

Jim has done three of my past checkrides. Instrument, commercial and multi. He is outstanding, fair and a personable guy. Be prepared and know the PTS/ACS standards and you won't have any issues. Alamosa is a high elevation airport so also be prepared for that.

I highly recommend him.

A DPE is required to have a current flight instructor certificate but if he trains you he can't test you as a DPE unless another instructor endorses you for the checkride.

"7. Testing Applicants Trained by the Designee. Except as noted in subparagraphs 7a, 7b, and 7c, a designee who trains an applicant for a certificate or rating may only test that applicant if another instructor has given the applicant at least 3 hours of flight instruction in the 2 calendar-months prior to the test, in preparation for the test, and is the recommending instructor. "

I hope that's a new reg, otherwise I'd have to give back my Seaplane rating, where the CFI lady was also the DPE (all done in one weekend).

I hope that's a new reg, otherwise I'd have to give back my Seaplane rating, where the CFI lady was also the DPE (all done in one weekend).

I know someone who did the Seaplane in a weekend thing. Maybe there is an exception for some ratings.

Not a DPE but I had flown several times with the instructor with examining authority at the 141 school I did my private at.

Back