Dp You Pennsylvania Folks Know this Ship? [NA]

Harley the ship is the Gazela Primiara. A beautiful tall ship. It happens to be Philadelphia's tall ship. A true gem from the past.

Re: Do You Pennsylvania Folks Know this Ship? [NA]

AdamZ said:
Harley the ship is the Gazela Primiara. A beautiful tall ship. It happens to be Philadelphia's tall ship. A true gem from the past.

I must get down to see it; not too far from here. It'll be more beautiful when the overhaul is done. A long-time owner of the shipyard was Frank Sample. Y'all may have seen his son, Tim Sample, who used to be a regular host on the Postcard from Maine segment of CBS Sunday. Tim's humor recordings and publications have made him a very "comfortable" entertainer. He lives in the next town to me. Tim told me about the California buyer who was negotiating to buy the Sample Shipyard -- and did -- to build large racing yachts.

Anyway, Tim said that "Here was this guy with his checkbook, but wouldn't sign without a non-compete clause; like my elderly father, who was bedridden and in his declining days, was going to get up and start another shipyard."

HR

Last edited:
Back