Downwind Restaurant at PDK

Adventure Aviator

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Adventure Aviator
According to the airport association meeting minutes, Downwind reopens tomorrow June 15th.

They have been closed since the start of the pandemic, stop in and show them some support!

I know they’ve been working on it, but between trips, training and vacation, I’d hadn’t been at the airport much this past month. I’m glad they are reopening.

Just in time for the main runway to close for some work.

Wayne

There used to be a restaurant there called the 357th Fighter Group I think....it is right on the taxiway and has all sorts of WWII themed vehicles outside. Is that the same one or is that a different one?

There used to be a restaurant there called the 357th Fighter Group I think....it is right on the taxiway and has all sorts of WWII themed vehicles outside. Is that the same one or is that a different one?

Different. It's the 57th Fighter Group. I believe it's been open for quite a while now; i.e. since COVID hit. It's much bigger restaurant, so easier to separate people. The Downwind is much smaller. I was surprised that the Downwind didn't open sooner as GA traffic picked back up quickly and in many regards grew as many people were flying charter versus airlines late last year.

Last edited:
As @wayne said, the 57th Fighter Group restaurant is still there. If you fly into Epps, they will give you a ride over there and waive your ramp fees when you show them your receipt.

I believe the biggest part of the delay in reopening the Downwind restaurant is that one partner wanted to retire, so the other partner had to buy him out.

Had dinner at the Downwind this evening. They are open and have the same menu as before. (Same owners) They're still waiting on their liquor license, but are expecting to get it next week.

Back