Downtown Fort Worth - Visual Observer Required 10/8 - 10/15

overdrive148

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
overdrive148
Hey guys, I'm in Fort Worth inspecting a bunch of fairly big buildings and I'm in need of a second Visual Observer for a project I'm leading/flying. Dates are from 10/8 to around 10/15 skipping the weekend.

Yes, for a day rate of $100-150(!!), you too can see me fly a drone in real life! I know the majority of you are all busy with "real flying" but maybe you know someone/are related to someone locally who could use some extra cash right now, and they get to yell at me while I fly a drone in an incredibly urban environment. You need literally no training at all to be a VO, I'll give guidelines on site about where to be and when, and what I need them to do.

Candidates should:
*Be able to see a drone at 300ft
*Speak English Goodly
*Be reflective, with a yellow vest
*Have a cell phone to yell into
*Have a 1099 - Independent Contractor

PM me if you've got someone in mind. Back to your scheduled programming.

Last edited:
The person paying is the one that gives the 1099, not the recipient.

I guess they just make it out to whoever they want then and the person getting paid provides 0 information.

The payor needs to send 1099's to any contractor who is PAID more than $600 in the calendar year. That means actually paid. So if the invoice comes in December but is not paid until Jan, the amount is reported in the subsequent year.

The payee must provide a taxpayer ID number (SSN, FTN, or FEIN)

Thanks for the info. I have never been a contractor so I am going off what management tells me I will need.

Thanks for the info. I have never been a contractor so I am going off what management tells me I will need.
The contractor will provide you (your company) with a W9, which will include their SSN or Tax ID. If you (or your company) pays them more than $600 in a calendar year, then you are required to send them a 1099.

Maybe my wife would be interested.

Her Engrish much goodlier now.

And when I don't understand what she is saying, she repeats herself, only louder.....

Back