Double whammy for GA -- Tiger and Symphony DOA

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Just saw the note on ANN. Symphony and Tiger both filed bankruptcy.
I am amazed that the Dow Jones continues to rise as businesses fail, right and left.
I have not seen a Symphony, but it looks like a pretty nice LSA.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Just saw the note on ANN. Symphony and Tiger both filed bankruptcy.
I am amazed that the Dow Jones continues to rise as businesses fail, right and left.
I have not seen a Symphony, but it looks like a pretty nice LSA.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

For the most part, I ignore the Wall Street "analysts" and their crap. None of them have ever held a real job and even a cat can predict where a mouse will run on occasion.

I remember when Wall Street was saying that American Airlines was dead. Kaput. Morbida. Don't buy their stock was what was being shouted. When it was at something like $4 a share, I bought a bunch of it.

Doom on the Wall Street sissy boy analysts. :yes:

Got a longtime, good friend who flies for SWA. Have known him all the way back to our SE Asia days when he was flying Starlifters. He's been with SWA since almost the beginning. For the last 30 years, they have made a profit every quarter. Yet Wall Street plays with their stock. . . up one day, down the next. Up one day, down the next. No reason. Just the sissy soft-hands boys on "The Street."

Funning thing is, my pal is an instant millionaire the day he retires from SWA--all due to his bonuses. (SWA doesn't give cash bonuses--all their bonuses are in SWA stock).

If Tiger and Symphony have a good product and there is demand, someone will buy the company. If not, they have no business staying alive. Sad, but the marektplace has its own set of Darwinian type laws.

Regards.

-JD

That's unfortunate. I never got a chance to fly a Symphony, but I sat in one a couple years ago at Sun 'n Fun. A lot of useful load for a two seater.

the marektplace has its own set of Darwinian type laws.

Ain't that the truth. Bankruptcy may actually get Tiger back into production. Now they can go and try to sell the certificate, no one will want the company just the production rights name an parts distribution. Such a shame it is a great craft.

I hope that Tiger pilots still can get the parts that they need.

I've flown our club symphony several times.

When they first got it it had some big problems with the fuel system. Only wanted to pull fuel from one wing so endurance was short. 1.5 hours even though the on board system would tell you more than that.

They finally got that worked out.

They are nice to fly. A little hard for me to get into. Door latches don't line up sometimes and it gets noisy. Cargo space is small. Air speed is good and so is fuel burn.

For the price though, you can get a well decked out used C-172, C-172 RG or even a 182 and I think that's their main problem.

I hope that Tiger pilots still can get the parts that they need.

The subcontractors make the parts for Tiger Aircraft and Fletchair (Grumman parts supplier). Tiger Aircraft just assembled the parts, they didn't "make" anything. We got the parts before Tiger Aircraft's existence and we'll get the parts after.

Last edited:
Back