DOT announcement on service animals

ya beat me to it. i was gonna sat that the new rule should take care of the emotional support peacocks but Pilawt and Gary said it better. :p

Thanks for posting.
Perhaps they are largely re-affirming? Sounds like much of it has not changed from what we accepted before.
Wow- 122-page final rule, did anyone read through it? (I didn't) Never can a bureacracy make things simple.

Thanks for posting.
Perhaps they are largely re-affirming? Sounds like much of it has not changed from what we accepted before.
Wow- 122-page final rule, did anyone read through it? (I didn't) Never can a bureacracy make things simple.
Well every bureaucracies primary job is ensuring the survival of the bureaucracy. Most are very good.

Thanks for posting.
Perhaps they are largely re-affirming? Sounds like much of it has not changed from what we accepted before
Pretty sure that many people were abusing the rule, saying they needed various 'emotional support animals'. Hence the jokes above.

They recently came to our little airport and placed signs on the doors that say no animals allowed inside the buildings that are not service animals. One of the guys there got greatly offended as he thought they were targeting him in particular. To tell the truth they need to. I walked into the office one day and he was sitting at a table eating a plate of food. On the table with him was his little dog ... eating from the same plate at the same time. I love my dog but there is a limit ... :nono:

This was the best response I'd seen, early on in the epidemic of fake emotional support animals on the airlines.

View attachment 92213
Yeah, I was really disappointed that the Detroit Airport Popeye's franchise didn't have those. Apparently it' was limited to the Philly franchise.

Now if the rest of the world would just follow suit. This has gone beyond ridiculous.

Too many folks have been buying the service animal vest online and putting it on their pet so their pet can travel free. It is about time someone does something.

ADA does not recognize ''emotional support animals''.

You’re saying I can’t have my emotional support chinchilla?! LOL

If I can't have my emotional support gorilla then you can't have your chinchilla....

Oh what oh what will I ever do without my therapeutic emu???

Thanks for posting.
It’s double-spaced. So it’s not really that long. ;)

I didn’t read it, but these things usually have a lot of pages of summaries of comments they got and how they took those comments into consideration. This rule is one that probably generated a million comments, some of which may have even been serious.

It’s double-spaced. So it’s not really that long. ;)

I didn’t read it, but these things usually have a lot of pages of summaries of comments they got and how they took those comments into consideration. This rule is one that probably generated a million comments, some of which may have even been serious.

Pretty close. They received 15,000 comments of which 10,000 where for 'emotional support animals'.

Back