Don't tell me how to fly

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Question is if you see someone who entered on the wrong side of the published traffic pattern does high speed low passes and generally endangers everyone on the airport in the air and on the ground should you say something. It has been my experience that those type people take offence to anyone telling them anything and the chance of them changing their actions is not going to happen, as they know what they are doing and justify it to themselves. What if anything is the best course of action to take?

local safety counselor would be a good start

Question is if you see someone who entered on the wrong side of the published traffic pattern does high speed low passes and generally endangers everyone on the airport in the air and on the ground should you say something.

Are you talking about people who do right traffic in a left traffic pattern and vice versa, or are you talking about people who enter on the upwind?

And what do you mean by "high speed low pass"? Do you mean a low approach?

I've inadvertently, through simple forgetfulness, entered left on a right pattern and vice versa. I prefer it, when I call "bugsmasher 12345, left downwind for 23 entering on the 45" if someone lets me that "KPODUNK is right traffic on 23" if they notice.

OTOH, if I enter on an upwind pattern, its probably on purpose, and you can rest assured I'm watching the runway and approach and departure areas very carefully.

local safety counselor would be a good start
Yes. Call your FSDO and ask for the FAAST team representative for your area. That is exactly what they are there for... to talk in a useful manner to the people for whom the rules do not apply.

-Skip

Back