Don't taxi too close to a B-1B!!

I have a feeling that the same man that took this video would also be the same guy that goes to a strip club and talks with the doorman all night....

A bunch of people are going to lose some rank and forfeit some pay over that mistake.

A bunch of people are going to lose some rank and forfeit some pay over that mistake.

I'm not so sure, I've seen worse where very little came of it. It is hard to tell, but unless the B-1 a the hold short pushed the power way above some published ground limit, there may not be anyone largely at fault. It looks like the B-1 waiting may have been doing some type of minimum separation departure and the F-16 just happened to be taxiing behind him at the wrong time.

Happened years ago so if there was punishment, it's been dealt.

If he'd been "diving away from the wind" properly, none of this would have happened.:nono:

:D

I'm not so sure, I've seen worse where very little came of it. It is hard to tell, but unless the B-1 a the hold short pushed the power way above some published ground limit, there may not be anyone largely at fault. It looks like the B-1 waiting may have been doing some type of minimum separation departure and the F-16 just happened to be taxiing behind him at the wrong time.

Happened years ago in Alaska, yes they were Ellsworth birds there for an airshow. It was a two ship, lead had been cleared for takeoff and two needs to roll around the corner to go with lead. Two pushes up the power to start taxi roll, well below AB, but more than that F-16 can handle.

Ground made the error of allowing the F-16 to taxi behind the Bone.

As SOF, we never drove behind the Bone unless we called and the pilot knew we were behind him. SOF always has to do a once around the jet check before approval for departure.

Full AB would be a 300knt wind 100ft behind the motors, full of flame.
It's been 20 yrs, I need to check the Tech Order warning on that.

Ground made the error of allowing the F-16 to taxi behind the Bone.

I don't see why it would be the fault of ground. It it's a problem taxing behind a Bone there should be a bulletin or whatever for the F-16s, or the pilots should know to steer clear.

Last edited:
I like the fact that the guy kept filming the take off and never seemed to notice the F-16:D

Back