Don't read this

Jack Roush....I know that name from somewhere. I guess a trip to Salinas is in my future. Thanks for the pics, that is absolutely stunning.

That is awesome, I'd love to go see it sometime. I got to meet Bud Anderson last year at OshKosh, had him autograph his book. Nice guy.

I would really like to be able to afford to do just a fraction of what these guys do. It is just so damned hard not to be jealous or envious. :yes: :)

Mr. Anderson often hangs out on the -51 line at OSH. I think he enjoys looking at the planes and watching the activity on the field as much as the rest of us wingnuts. Very unassuming fellow. Of course, he gets to fly "Old Crow", too.

Oh, yeah, I was told the "stripe" in the bottom photo on the link was not an "invasion stripe" but an identification stripe...kinda of a "I'm not an ME-109" shout out when the Mustang first entered active duty as the B model. I understand aerial gunners took a while to learn the difference.

SteveR said:
That is awesome, I'd love to go see it sometime. I got to meet Bud Anderson last year at OshKosh, had him autograph his book. Nice guy.

Great photo, great airplane. Thanks for posting!

Back