Don't land at Burke!

Santa Barbra was the same way to me. Well the Jet Center to be exact.
"am I okay parked there, I just want to eat at the elephant bar across the street, itll be just an hour"
The b##ch at the front desk looks at my 172
"thatll be $35" she says.

"really, I am only going to be here an hour"

"yes and thatll be $35 dollars, unless you buy ten gallons of gas" she says.

"Okay, give me ten gallons of gas, thats no problem then"

"jet A or 100LL" she asks (remember she just looked at my cessna)

"100LL please"

"oh, we dont have that kind" she states.

So I took a crap in the bathroom and left. Why the hell would you work in a jet center and not know a cessna 172 is a 100LL plane (a) and why would you even ask what kind of fuel if you dont carry both kinds (b)

Though I think she just wanted to be a b*tch at this point, thus why I took a crap in their bathroom. :)

I would not pay $70. Anywhere. Ever.

Miami International and their 8 runways to choose from, don't even charge me $70! Not even close to that... Not even when I got on the tower freq and say "move over fatboys, this lightweight is coming in hot"

Sent from my iPhone using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

Miami International and their 8 runways to choose from, don't even charge me $70! Not even close to that... Not even when I got on the tower freq and say "move over fatboys, this lightweight is coming in hot" .
We did a KEYW RT passenger pickup at KMIA's Landmark last fall. Didn't get fuel because we were already pretty full. I'm ashamed to say that I made no attempt to suggest we pay a fee as we lounged around waiting for their driver to pick up our passenger at her gate. I tipped the driver and we got out of there so as to clear their ramp. Seriously, that was so wrong but I did it anyway.

They called me up later in an attempt to collect (I guess). I returned the call but no one knew why I was called.

Bill "the highlight was being asked to slow own for the B767 landing on the parallel runway" Watson

Absolute classic line.... I bet you wish you had a recording of that transmission... :yes::yes::D
Don't you know it!

Fact is, I was working hard not to screw up the big and busy airport visit... too hard to remember the audio plug on the GoPro, darn it!!

My 2nd time into KMiA I informed them I could land on the taxi way if needed and guaranteed to make the 1st turn as to not slow anyone up.

ATC chuckled an thanked me for giving them a much needed laugh then asked me if I would take a short final.

I haven't had to wait yet when coming in there. (Maybe just luck)

Sent from my iPhone using An APP that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

Santa Barbra was the same way to me. Well the Jet Center to be exact.
"am I okay parked there, I just want to eat at the elephant bar across the street, itll be just an hour"
The b##ch at the front desk looks at my 172
"thatll be $35" she says.

"really, I am only going to be here an hour"

"yes and thatll be $35 dollars, unless you buy ten gallons of gas" she says.

"Okay, give me ten gallons of gas, thats no problem then"

"jet A or 100LL" she asks (remember she just looked at my cessna)

"100LL please"

"oh, we dont have that kind" she states.

So I took a crap in the bathroom and left. Why the hell would you work in a jet center and not know a cessna 172 is a 100LL plane (a) and why would you even ask what kind of fuel if you dont carry both kinds (b)

Though I think she just wanted to be a b*tch at this point, thus why I took a crap in their bathroom. :)

Atlantic at KSBA has always been good to me :dunno:

I've flown my personal plane (vintage taildragger) and they normally dont charge me unless I take their courtesy cars out on the town for a few hours (new infinitys), when that happens I buy a little fuel from them, eat the cookies, drink their tea and am on my way.

*I'd charge ya too if you were in a 172 :D

Back