Don't know why I went to the Doc

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Getting ready to visit my AME, so I'm reviewing my doctor receipts from the last 2 years. I have one that says "hip pain". For the life of me, I can't remember having any problems with my hip. And I didn't get any meds for it, so I'm not sure how to report it. I know the AME will ask about it if I list it. Not sure what to do ...... any ideas? I guess I could call the Dr and see what my chart says.

:dunno:

I am sure that many people have made small mistakes on this part of the medical form. I think as long as you try to put the best recollections on there you are fine. If you cannot remember what the visit was for perhaps just stating general health check would suffice?

How about: "Reason for visit: Hip pain, no problem found"

Bet the AME doesn't even bat an eyelash. And if s/he does, just say, "It went away and hasn't come back." End of issue.

How about: "Reason for visit: Hip pain, no problem found"

Bet the AME doesn't even bat an eyelash. And if s/he does, just say, "It went away and hasn't come back." End of issue.

My original AME wouldn't have asked.....the only thing he ever did was test the eyes and take a pulse. He's left the country now.....

My current AME is very very very very very thorough....did I mention how thorough she is. And she asks about everything listed on the form. But you're easy answer should work just fine. Thanks

Getting ready to visit my AME, so I'm reviewing my doctor receipts from the last 2 years. I have one that says "hip pain". For the life of me, I can't remember having any problems with my hip. And I didn't get any meds for it, so I'm not sure how to report it. I know the AME will ask about it if I list it. Not sure what to do ...... any ideas? I guess I could call the Dr and see what my chart says.

Could it have been something you mentioned in passing such as "Being the klutz I am, I ran into the side of the [table. door, wing, whatever] got this horrible bruise and now my hip hurts" and the doctor said "ewwww! that's really ugly! No big deal, bruised the skin and aggravated the muscles underneath a little bit. Don't worry, it'll go away in a week or so"?

I got my arm caught in an electric window a couple months ago - I didn't realize my friend was rolling up the window and I was pulling the door shut. Ugly, ugly bruise but no other reaction - no pain just ugly. Went away in a week.

I finally remembered. Actually it was listed on a later receipt when I went in for the flu. That receipt showed "last visit - headache". The "hip" pain was head pain....I had some sort of bug bite that was causing excrutiating scalp pain.

But, judging by my practice run yesterday, I'll be going in for hip pain, leg pain....... after the Army 10 miler run next Sunday. :tongue:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back