Don't forget..this site has chat

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Seems like hardly anyone uses our chat anymore. It's a damn shame. Some great things have came out of that chat room. Come and say hello tonight :)

You can access it by clicking the "Live Chat" on the upper right of PoA.

I have been looking, even popped in to see if it was working... Time to re-chat!

Like to join in the chat,but I have Safari.

Time to fire-up the laptop... No chat on iPad!

The few times I have used it, I had to fire up an old netbook, since I mostly PoA on my iPad, sitting on the couch.

I think that the move to tablets from pc's has caused a lot of the decline in chat. I know I only join from the pc's, mainly because I don't want to have to figure it out.

I try on my work computer springs but something in our firewall blocks it. At home I'm usually on a tablet.

I met my wife in PoA Chat. Now how's that for an endorsement? :D

PoA chat is great. 5-7 years ago when I was single I spent a lot of time in there, and Jesse is right that some great things have come from the PoA chat room. Aside from Laurie and I meeting (the best thing, in my opinion), I've made and cultivated many friendships.

But these days when most nights I don't even get the chance to open my laptop in the evenings...

No bueno on firefox.
Does it work on chrome? I could download that.

I refuse to use IE. It will be morning before it finally comes up

Is there another chat software that could be used since this one has browser issues?

No bueno on firefox.
Does it work on chrome? I could download that.

I refuse to use IE. It will be morning before it finally comes up

Not a problem for me in Chrome. You do need Adobe Flash.

Chatroom got awkward real fast.

And I'm sorry.

I will share a picture of my grandmother later so everyone has a better visual.

ISP crapped out. Hope i didnt miss the good stuff.

Needs to be ipad friendly or I'm out. Haven't been on a laptop or desk top in over a year for personal use.

Homey don't play flash. There's always #pilots on freenode.

Checking now.....:rolleyes2:

Well... I had Firefox but not flash... So, I removed Firefox and tried to load flash,,, My AVG and Charters anti virus fought me every step of the way... Finally, after clicking on "override /I understand the risk thingies I was able to get on chat and I had a nice time.. For about 5 minutes... Then.... my computer threw it's hands up, said *uck it and ....shutdown.... .

Hopefully it will work again as I used to chat on POA all the time...:dunno:

This. Jesse, is there any way to allow iDevice access?
The problem is less the browser, and more the Adobe Flash requirement. iOS does not support Flash, hence not possible on the iPad. It's an Apple thing. On the other hand, the move to HTML5 and CSS3 was supposed to eliminate the need for Flash. Didn't happen. Too much stuff out there built with Flash that no one wants to rewrite or convert.

By the way, I've had no problems with Firefox or Chrome as long as Flash was installed. Other than iTunes, I never use Safari.

Is chat always "on" ? I get absolutely nothing in firefox.

Is chat always "on" ? I get absolutely nothing in firefox.

I had to download chrome for it to work.
I think it also works in IE

Has never worked for me in ff
And yes it is always on.

I had to download chrome for it to work.
I think it also works in IE

Has never worked for me in ff
And yes it is always on.

Ok... I'll keep fiddling. Neither IE nor Firefox work for me.

For reference.. I opened Chrome on my puter and POA chat worked perfectly the first time....

I will try later to see if it still works.....

I'm so hung over from last night....I kind of vaguely remember climbing naked out of a dumpster, crawling home, and getting in front of a keyboard.

I am dying to hear the story about "getting 86d"
Sounds like you were quite the rockstar prior to entering chat.

I am dying to hear the story about "getting 86d"
Sounds like you were quite the rockstar prior to entering chat.

Oh **** that's right I forgot about that! I'm not going back to that place again tonight for damn sure!

Back