Don't drink in Texas!!

It's my understanding that PI convictions must be reported. Someone else here probably knows much better than I. I wonder if MIP (minor in possession of alcohol) convictions have to be reported as well. Never gave it much thought since I've never had one.

When I grew up an MIP was a $5 fine and they dumped your beer....

I'm not sure if this was the exact instance, but there was a local furor over something that sounds just like this. ABC agents went into a local bar accompanied by Fort Worth police frequented by gay patrons and did busts. The fur flew afterward, heads rolled and procedures were changed to a large degree. If not this instance, very similar circumstances. From press reports, it sounded like the Gestapo just decided to bust a gay bar. Some LEOs said it had been an establishment of ill repute with lots of complaints and crime.

Best,

Dave

i used to think that the 18th amendment had been repealed. then i moved to kansas.

We have some of this here too. The one area with which I am familiar is just a tad tony and wanted to keep the riff-raff out. I go there all the time, so obviously it didn't work.

I'm not sure if this was the exact instance, but there was a local furor over something that sounds just like this. ABC agents went into a local bar accompanied by Fort Worth police frequented by gay patrons and did busts. The fur flew afterward, heads rolled and procedures were changed to a large degree. If not this instance, very similar circumstances. From press reports, it sounded like the Gestapo just decided to bust a gay bar. Some LEOs said it had been an establishment of ill repute with lots of complaints and crime.

Best,

Dave

Actually, it was the other way around, FWPD asked TABC at the last minute to assist them on a raid they had planned. I would imagine TABC regrets that decision now! It didn't help that they did the raid on the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall Rebellion, the beginning of the gay pride movement, either. That was just asking for trouble. You would think someone at the PD would have thought of that. :rolleyes: :nono:

I realize this thread is old and my question is off-topic:

At least in California, most traffic offenses are not misdemeanors. Some are (like driving the wrong way on a divided highway), but most are infractions. Is this different in other states? Or are infractions the same as misdemeanors? I thought they weren't.

-Felix

Most traffic violations in Texas are class C misdemanors, the lowest criminal penalty group in our statute, punishable by fine only up to $500.00. There are a few exceptions of course. I've never heard the term infractions used in our traffic laws.

Actually, it was the other way around, FWPD asked TABC at the last minute to assist them on a raid they had planned. I would imagine TABC regrets that decision now! It didn't help that they did the raid on the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall Rebellion, the beginning of the gay pride movement, either. That was just asking for trouble. You would think someone at the PD would have thought of that. :rolleyes: :nono:

Thanks Lisa. I was just trying to recall from my readings. In any case, not a good situation.

Best,

Dave

maybe they were celebrating a little too much.

Most traffic violations in Texas are class C misdemanors, the lowest criminal penalty group in our statute, punishable by fine only up to $500.00. There are a few exceptions of course. I've never heard the term infractions used in our traffic laws.
Interesting, thanks!

In CA, we do have infractions, and traffic violations are infractions unless it says otherwise.

Didn't realize such basic things were different between states. Good to know!

-Felix

Back