Don't do acro unless you have been trained.

Last edited:
:sigh:

Don't attempt untrained...
  • Acro
  • Formation
  • Instrument
  • ________________ (fill in the blank)
Some things just keep happening despite all efforts to teach folks better.:(

[*]All of the above in one flight?

Still looking for an ntsb report involving all three. I'm sure, somewhere in that db, one exists.

[*]All of the above in one flight?

Still looking for an ntsb report involving all three. I'm sure, somewhere in that db, one exists.

The one where the naked female pilot accidentally kicked off the autopilot counts.

I tried acrobatics once without training, nearly twisted my wrist trying to do a backflip.

Y'all know acrobatics is what gymnasts and carnies do right?

AERObatics is the activity involving a plane.

End of PSA.

I tried acrobatics once without training, nearly twisted my wrist trying to do a backflip.

End of PSA.

ha.... I was wondering how long it would take to be brought up.... I think only the OP can correct the spelling...:dunno:

Once again, I repeat, once again, I am not calling early pioneers of ANYTHING a moron. I am calling the Cirrus pilot a moron.

Well, I understood what you meant.

End of PSA.

Aerobatics IS acrobatics, just more specific. Doesn't mean an airplane cannot peform acrobatics. The aerobatic community in the states commonly says "acro". Other parts of the world say "aeros", which isn't used here. No need to get in a knot. Merriam-Webster says:

ac·ro·bat·ics

1: the art, performance, or activity of an acrobat

2: a spectacular, showy, or startling performance or demonstration involving great agility or complexity

And of course the FAA air worthiness category is "acrobatic."

Aerobatics IS acrobatics, just more specific. Doesn't mean an airplane cannot peform acrobatics. The aerobatic community in the states commonly says "acro". Other parts of the world say "aeros", which isn't used here. No need to get in a knot. Merriam-Webster says:

ac·ro·bat·ics

1: the art, performance, or activity of an acrobat

2: a spectacular, showy, or startling performance or demonstration involving great agility or complexity

Look up the two words and report back with the most correct answer ;)

Ive seen a weekend warrior in a Pitts do acrobatics once, they do cartwheels really well down a runway

Look up the two words and report back with the most correct answer ;)

Ive seen a weekend warrior in a Pitts do acrobatics once, they do cartwheels really well down a runway

Are you referring to the definition in the PCG?

the one I feel sorry for is the ntsb investigator who had to pretend to think about the cause and write a report that is more than 2 sentences.

ntsb said:
The left seat pilot’s blood and urine tested positive for Ethanol in concentrations of 35 and 12 milligrams/deciliter (mg/dL), respectively, and N-propanol in concentrations of 7 and 1 mg/dL, respectively. Ethanol in concentrations of 14 and 10 mg/dL were detected in the blood and urine of the right seat pilot. The samples from both pilots were positive for putrefaction.

Drunk and rotting?

IIRC it's standard to have some ethanol in a corpse by the time of autopsy. I don't know the amount of a drunk person however.

IIRC it's standard to have some ethanol in a corpse by the time of autopsy. I don't know the amount of a drunk person however.

Yeah, the description made me scratch my head a bit. I looked up the level conversions from mg/deciliter to see what they would end up as in percentages. If what I found was true, it would be quite low so I guess maybe it is just natural for that to happen. The other clue is propanol, which I think is a poisonous form of alcohol so, one would hope not much of that would be in anybody. Didn't see how long they were out there before taken to the hospital/etc. not the aspect I wanted to think about too much.

Back