Dona Ana NM Identifier

danhagan

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
danhagan
5T6 Dona Ana NM airport identifier has changed to KDNA and will reflect that on next sectional release.

Gonna be really hard to remember.
Hey, when will the awos/asos be available online or on FF?

I have never been to 5T6 in the daytime. I have always wanted to visit the museum.

I have never been to 5T6 in the daytime. I have always wanted to visit the museum.

Got to get there Zeldman ... and ALL the aircraft are maintained for flight. The rancher that donated all those aircraft passed away. He has a huge ranch and his own runway. My BIL hunts there, but the widow isn't real active anymore. Amazingly, he has MORE aircraft that could have been donated, but there was not enough room at the museum. Am trying to setup a time I can visit the rest of his collection at their ranch.

Got to get there Zeldman ... and ALL the aircraft are maintained for flight. The rancher that donated all those aircraft passed away. He has a huge ranch and his own runway. My BIL hunts there, but the widow isn't real active anymore. Amazingly, he has MORE aircraft that could have been donated, but there was not enough room at the museum. Am trying to setup a time I can visit the rest of his collection at their ranch.

Like I said, I've been there at night and wandered around the collection of parts outside.

I would be that the ranch would be very interesting as well.

Isn't that airport scheduled for closure due to being a site for illegal smuggling.

Sometimes changing an identifier isn't as easy as it looks.

FAA recently announced that the identifier for Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (formerly Williams Gateway Airport, formerly Williams AFB, formerly Williams Field, formerly Higley Field) would be changed from the long-standing IWA to AZM. Reason? "IWA" is also used by Ivanovo Airport in Russia, about 175 miles northeast of Moscow.

Now, according to the latest issue of the Arizona Pilots Association newsletter, FAA advises that the change is on hold. Some Googlemeister in Oklahoma City has apparently discovered that "AZM" is also taken, the pride of Azamgarh Airport in northeast India, in the shadow of the Himalayas.

So now we wait as FAA scurries about trying to find some three-letter combination used nowhere else on the planet.

:rolleyes:

So now we wait as FAA scurries about trying to find some three-letter combination used nowhere else on the planet.:rolleyes:

If they don't mind, most of the bad/cuss words or shortened versions of them are still available;)

One of my favorite airport identifiers is PAIN. I think because it is, but it is far from being the worse airstrip in Alaska.

McKinley National Park Airport
McKinley Park, Alaska

Back