Doing time for flying without a license

Also, I *get* that we have rules in society, but let’s be real, the “harm” spoken of earlier is not to those being flown over, but to the FAA’s authority and different terminology would be more appropriate.

the new remote ID drone requirements where a person’s right to privacy is denied,
Who's right to privacy? The drone operator or the person on the ground? I'm all for drone IDs just like I can determine who owns the aircraft that flies over my house. I had commented myself on that one.
I *have* actually spent time looking up dealing with the LSA issue and was coming up to dead ends online. If you know the process,
What part of the "LSA issue"? Specifically as it makes a difference which way you go.
it’s actually quite hard to find out how to address an inspector’s bullying. There’s precious little guidance online,
It's there. Here's one method below. And there are others. But just as you are required to know and find all the applicable rules for owning and operating an aircraft this is no different. This is part of learning the system I mention on a regular basis.
https://hotline.faa.gov/
I don’t get your “elitist” comment,
It's the term you used in the Martha thread when I asked if you ever personally experienced an FAA enforcement action. You thought it was "elitist" that I asked. I firmly believe one's opinion is graded on their knowledge of the topic and not some simple belief.
I even tried contacting a congressperson about it but the path seemed to lead nowhere.
But if you had a couple 100 people contacting that congressperson..... But it can seem like a hopeless causes at times.
Also, I *get* that we have rules in society, but let’s be real, the “harm” spoken of earlier is not to those being flown over, but to the FAA’s authority and different terminology would be more appropriate.
It all falls back to the privilege of flying, or driving, or practicing medicine or law..... Follow the rules or pay the price regardless of the "harm" caused.

iu

First off, I and others have frequently commented on stuff, like ADS-B for instance, and the new remote ID drone requirements where a person’s right to privacy is denied, which seems like a clear contradiction of the spirit of the fourth amendment - including being secure in “effects” for instance, if one made a living of being a barnstormer and camping out of their plane.
There is no defined "right to privacy". The courts have held that one may voluntarily give up their fourth amendment rights. Various ways to do that, including participating in an activity that is not constitutionally protected (and even some of those activities may be regulated). Ramp checks would fall into that category, as do the rules imposed on radio station/operator licensees that allow for "inspection" of the station at any "reasonable" time upon request. And yes, the FCC can and does do that. As with a commercial contract, when one engages in a regulated activity, they agree to abide by the regulations.

We could debate whether this is or is not the "spirit" of the Fourth Amendment or whether an imposed condition represents self-incrimination, but what we have to rely on at the moment is the words of the various laws and the court decisions that interpret them. If the Spin Zone still existed, we could take the discussion there and debate whether or not the Administrative State that has been built since the first 1/3 of the 20th century is, itself, a means of allowing the government ("big brother") to neuter the Constitution. But, since the Spin Zone no longer exists and discussions along those lines get political fast, that's something we cannot debate on PoA. Like it or not, those are the rules imposed by the MC on the folks that voluntarily use this forum. Hence, I won't discuss any of that here.

Back