Dogfight clouds eBay contracts

Absent fraud or som eother bizarre circumstance, I believe that the eBay purchaser should be entitled to close the purchase.

In the event he won the auction, and refused to close, he could be sued for specific performance.

I had a seller fail to produce the item I had bid on and won. He said he was unable to locate it, so he sent me a check for the amount of my winning bid. This guy should produce the plane or give the man a check for 150k.
Ron

Many auctions have an entry "Seller reserves the right to sell this item outside of eBay". A privelege, if I recall, you pay extra for. This was not idicated in the article.
The seller owes the auction winner the plane. Anything less is fraud. And where's eBay in all of this? They have a stake in the outcome.

silver-eagle said:
Many auctions have an entry "Seller reserves the right to sell this item outside of eBay". A privelege, if I recall, you pay extra for. This was not idicated in the article.
The seller owes the auction winner the plane. Anything less is fraud. And where's eBay in all of this? They have a stake in the outcome.

They're keeping their mouth shut because the Aussies tightly regulate what you can get to on the internet and can ban access to ebay if they want and ebay doesn't want to lose this market.

Ebay is keeping a very tight lid on any fraud related topics. EBay has a problem (and only getting worse) with many fake sellers asking for Western Union transfers, etc., and has turn there site into a scamming ring. It's in the best interest to Ebay and there investors to keep the lid shut on any scam topics related to there site.

It'll be interesting to find out if the judge rules in favor of the buyer, otherwise any online legal binding contact (ebay) may become meaningless.

Last edited:
Back