does this dry rate sound right?

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
1970 Cherokee 180, $110/hr dry. They are saying to count on 10gal/hr fuel burn*. if I do that, the current prices at that field are $4.65. so for an hour, $156 for a stinkin cherokee? at another field a little further away, an arrow rents for 158 wet.

only thing I'll say about this cherokee, which I'm scheduled to get checked out in on friday (that's another source of aggravation for me, getting 'checked out' in a plane I already have a gazillion hours in), is that it has a 650 in it. but big freakin whoop, why would I pay more money for that over a 430 or my freakin tablet?

*even if it only burns 8.5ish, that's still $150/hour.

1970 Cherokee 180, $110/hr dry. They are saying to count on 10gal/hr fuel burn*. if I do that, the current prices at that field are $4.65. so for an hour, $156 for a stinkin cherokee? at another field a little further away, an arrow rents for 158 wet.

only thing I'll say about this cherokee, which I'm scheduled to get checked out in on friday (that's another source of aggravation for me, getting 'checked out' in a plane I already have a gazillion hours in), is that it has a 650 in it. but big freakin whoop, why would I pay more money for that over a 430 or my freakin tablet?

*even if it only burns 8.5ish, that's still $150/hour.
Unless it has amazing avionics, that seems high

it has a 650 and an sl30. other than that, 'normal' stuff you'd expect to see in a rental cherokee. well, it does have nice P&I as well, but again....

Sounds about par for the course around Atlanta or CA. The only resemblance to CA they have around here is aircraft rental rates.

I rent my Warrior I which has a 180hp stc for $125/HR wet. Figure $45/HR for fuel... $80 dry.

Probably an OK price for Atlanta. I think it's slightly high but I'm comparing it to prices not in Atlanta - 104 wet for a Warrior II here. The best other deal I could find was $155 wet from Advance Aviation at either LZU or PDK. Open Airplane says 170 for an Archer. 110 dry is probably not too bad as long as you get to choose where you buy the gas from. CTJ is at $3.14 which puts your total rate at "only" $141/hour.

CN893PUVAAAMNpE.jpg

$110/hr DRY is insane for a PA28-180. $75/hr dry is about what I'd expect to pay in an FBO setting, less than that in a club-type environment (probably more like $50/hr).

Probably an OK price for Atlanta. I think it's slightly high but I'm comparing it to prices not in Atlanta - 104 wet for a Warrior II here. The best other deal I could find was $155 wet from Advance Aviation at either LZU or PDK. Open Airplane says 170 for an Archer. 110 dry is probably not too bad as long as you get to choose where you buy the gas from. CTJ is at $3.14 which puts your total rate at "only" $141/hour.

It is a nice archer at advanced. http://www.advancedaviation.com/piper-archer/

OP is in Charlotte, NC. I think Atlanta was thrown out as a reference point.

Ah. For Not Atlanta then 110 ought to be a wet rate.

Eman, have you looked at Stanley Aero at Gastonia Muni? It strikes me as having the right club environment to have low rates. No Pipers but they have a 182 and 172.

Ah. For Not Atlanta then 110 ought to be a wet rate.

Eman, have you looked at Stanley Aero at Gastonia Muni? It strikes me as having the right club environment to have low rates. No Pipers but they have a 182 and 172.

hhmm, I have not. I'll check them out when I get home. JQF is almost walking distance, which is real nice. not sure I'd make the 45+ minute drive for a high wing, but I'll check it out.

When people complain the the rates are high, just say that is how much we need to do the job and that we want their business, but that is how much it costs. Customer either says ok and pay it, or they go away. We don't get angry, just the way it is. Some can afford it, some can't. If they want to go somewhere else, they are free to do that though we dont say that, but that is true.

Not terribly long ago, I was renting a 2003 Warrior III with two 430W's for $85/hr wet.

So that $110 dry is pretty steep

You are renting the plane, and so our others. Sounds like that market has low supply and high demand.

On another note. I can fly a nice archer 180 with /a for $96 wet or fly a 172 with gtn650 for $96 wet and I am in the SF Bay Area... $110 doesn't just sound high, it is high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds really high, rental rates (wet) at one of the locations near me in Florida are, according to they website:

1971 172L: $94 an hour
2002-2004 172SP: $119 an hour
2005-2008 172SP G1000: $135 an hour
1972 Piper Arrow III: $125 an hour

they all have moving map IFR certified GPS's and are fully IFR equipped

doesn't that pretty much fall in line with this plane? I mean yours has an autopilot adn 430, this one has 650 no AP.

Yea, I think it might. Just depends on if the avionics are worth it to you flying VFR.

That's a little high, but if the owner is maintaining it, has a facility of some kind, and carries insurance then it's not much that more than the cost to operate a Warrior that is tied down for free and maintained under a shade tree by a guy sitting on a cooler of beer.

Back