Does the Secret Service Issue TFR's for Trump Rallies?

FlyingElvii

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
flyingElvii
Trump is due in Indiana tomorrow evening, and will be speaking only a few miles away from my home airport. And wouldn't you know it, I'm scheduled to fly right at the time he is supposed to take the stage.

Is there anywhere to check for recently issued TFR's?

TFRs are for officeholders. Not for candidates. Not even for the winner of the presidential election, prior to being sworn in.

Tfr.faa.gov is the site that the Lockheed Martin page links to

Edit: I checked that faa page and it presently has nothing for Indiana. But it has the usual outrageous disclaimer:

"Depicted TFR data may not be a complete listing. Pilots should not use the information on this website for flight planning purposes. For the latest information, call your local Flight Service Station at 1-800-WX-BRIEF."

Last edited:
No but caution wake turbulence from his 757. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you don't see anything now, definitely call 1-800-wx-brief right before you are ready to take off. TFRs have a habit of popping up without much notice. Especially VIP movement TFRs.

Trump is due in Indiana tomorrow evening, and will be speaking only a few miles away from my home airport. And wouldn't you know it, I'm scheduled to fly right at the time he is supposed to take the stage.

Is there anywhere to check for recently issued TFR's?

Same place you always check before flying.

Once he has the nomination I suspect they will.

Back