Does anyone wash the bottom of their aircraft

Ended up with a bunch of it dripping onto the hangar floor.
Did the GoJo leave etch marks where it dripped on your hangar floor?

I use gojo as a hand cleaner a couple times I let a little excess drip on the concrete floor, the GoJo ate the concrete like I had spilled acid there.

I use gojo as a hand cleaner a couple times I let a little excess drip on the concrete floor, the GoJo ate the concrete like I had spilled acid there.

Lol that’s a good question...I guess I haven’t looked at the concrete very closely after wiping it all up. I will check next time I’m out at the hangar

I've washed mine in various hangars over the years when they have trench drains and I've never seen any damage at all. @Clark1961 would likely know if it was a GoJo thing or a bad concrete thing.

I've washed mine in various hangars over the years when they have trench drains and I've never seen any damage at all. @Clark1961 would likely know if it was a GoJo thing or a bad concrete thing.
Gojo has a pH of 9. Shouldn’t bother concrete but suppose it could if the concrete was not cared for with a wax coat and water was in contact with the gojo.

Gojo has a pH of 9. Shouldn’t bother concrete but suppose it could if the concrete was not cared for with a wax coat and water was in contact with the gojo.
FWIW, the concrete is untreated. There was no water involved. But the GoJo drips sat there for some time.

So...it would be nice to have a simple spray on product at this point. I am hoping this Buddha Belly stuff works well.

I’ve used B.B. quite a bit and have a gallon sitting my garage now. However, it’s not a miracle cleaner. Granted, it works OK, but if your belly gets as dirty as mine, it still takes A LOT of scrubbing. It only takes off about half of the gunk on my plane before I give up. I’m going to try the gojo next as I have some dried crusty carbon stuff that absolutely refuses to let go. I’ve chipped at the worst of it with a flat blade screwdriver, but can’t get too far without fear of scratching the paint under it, lol.

You're gonna make me ask, aren't you?

I used the entire bottle/can ... she's out of town visiting my son or I would have it already. I did re-wash underneath just in case it wasn't quite so safe, but had no issues. Will forward as soon as they are back

I used the entire bottle/can ... she's out of town visiting my son or I would have it already. I did re-wash underneath just in case it wasn't quite so safe, but had no issues. Will forward as soon as they are back
Oh no problem. I just did not know what the product was and was being a little snarky.

So we used about 14oz of this stuff today and it could not have been easier. Spray, wipe, done, looks fantastic. We are gonna order the 64oz bottle asap.

I'd be really interested to know how this stuff compares to Plane Perfect's Buddha Belly.

If it’s just oil, then WD-40 works fine. Oil and exhaust stains, Carbon-X aircraft wash.

What about using like kerosene or mineral spirits?

Back