Does anyone remember an XKE crew car at....

kgruber

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skywag
Monterey? Way back in the 1970s??

iu
(photographer unknown)

Last edited:
I wasn’t around in the 70s but that would have been awesome! I coincidentally saw an E type yesterday in the CVS lot and complemented the owner who seemed surprised that i knew what it was… until he saw me get into my air cooled 911

I wasn’t around in the 70s but that would have been awesome! I coincidentally saw an E type yesterday in the CVS lot and complemented the owner who seemed surprised that i knew what it was… until he saw me get into my air cooled 911
When was there a water cooled 911?

When was there a water cooled 911?

Is this a serious question? They've all been watercooled since 1999 with the introduction of the 996 generation. The 996, 997, 991 and now 992 generation 911s are all water cooled.

Is this a serious question? They've all been watercooled since 1999 with the introduction of the 996 generation. The 996, 997, 991 and now 992 generation 911s are all water cooled.
A 996 is not a 911. It's about 85 off.

Anyone who refers to a Porche manufactured after the mid 90's as a 911 is the same type of person who would call every single engine propeller airplane a "Cezzna". :D

A 996 is not a 911. It's about 85 off.

Anyone who refers to a Porche manufactured after the mid 90's as a 911 is the same type of person who would call every single engine propeller airplane a "Cezzna". :D

OK...

What about those who can't spell Porsche? And what about those who arbitrarily draw the line at the mid 90s when, if they really wanted to be a weird stickler about it, they'd call anything after the G body (including the 1990 MY 964) 'not a 911'...

OK...

What about those who can't spell Porsche? And what about those who arbitrarily draw the line at the mid 90s when, if they really wanted to be a weird stickler about it, they'd call anything after the G body (including the 1990 MY 964) 'not a 911'...
I can't help that you fall for marketing and sales gimmicks. Don't feel bad though.

And don't buy those solar panels for your roof that all those people going door-to-door are selling. ;)

I can't help that you fall for marketing and sales gimmicks. Don't feel bad though.

Don't worry, I don't feel the least bit bad...

And what a goofy thing to pick a fight on... especially since this is the car I was driving in the post above...
PORSCHE_Murphy-2.jpeg

yeah, but did they also have warm cookies?

Back