Does anyone make a 5 seater airplane or is it only 6?

Cool! The Rolls Royce Merlin powered Canadair variant.

I was maybe 5 or 6 years old, so don't remember who my grandfather flew for then (edited because I just called and asked my grandfather, it was PWA)
I think, but am not 100% sure he flew for 6 different companies (edited, it was 4 companies and the RCAF ) and lived in 3 places over his long career. PWA ( Pacific Western Airlines ) was who he was with when he retired, and that he was a 727-200 Captain when he finally retired. ( edit he was with PWA his last 20 years, and retired in 1982 at age 60 ) My love of flying came from him, and my uncle who had his own plane, he did charters on floats, and I loved nothing more than helping him work on that 185 ( by helping him I am sure it took longer than if he was alone ) and getting to go for rides when he had the room to take me. When my grandfather retired he bought a Cherokee, I was 12 years old, and he would take me up for rides in it, he would let me have the controls, and I felt like king of the world. My grandfather is 96 years young now, now 97 next month, and when I fly down to visit him, he still asks me for a ride every time. He has already told me that while down next month visiting, I have to take him up for a ride, and he wants to go fly over the old neighborhood that he and grandma lived in long ago...before I actually fly him back to my home for Christmas, and take him back home qgain in the new year. My grandmother was the greatest woman I ever knew, she passed away 17 years ago, and a year later I lost my wife and one daughter...it was a rough year.

Last edited:
Back