Does anyone have a SPL course syllabus?

Jasper

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Japer
Wanting to see the topics covered on the FAA knowledge portion of the test. Thanks.

You can Google Sport Pilot Training Syllabus and get some good examples for flight training, but the ones I've seen have little to do with the knowledge test. King Schools, Gleim, Sporty's and others offer very good comprehensive Sport Pilot training programs.

I’d bee real surprised if the FAA didn’t have guidance on the contents of the knowledge test.

Wanting to see the topics covered on the FAA knowledge portion of the test. Thanks.
Get the $13 ASA written test prep book. It comes with a sign-off to take the written once you study and pass their online practice exam. Questions and topics are marked with SP or PP or both.
http://a.co/c3uGRoe

description:
Test Prep 2018: Private Pilot
Study questions for the Private, Sport, and Recreational Pilot FAA Knowledge exam, supported with answers and explanations.

Includes softcover book, CT-8080 computer testing supplement, and 5 FREE practice tests at prepware.com!

You can Google Sport Pilot Training Syllabus and get some good examples for flight training, but the ones I've seen have little to do with the knowledge test. King Schools, Gleim, Sporty's and others offer very good comprehensive Sport Pilot training programs.
I used the Gleim SP book. I think they didn't remove items that are on PP that are not on SP; like using VORs. I had no questions about anything that wasn't relevant to SP. The FAA SP has fewer questions (yeah..fewer questions. boo...each 'miss' is more costly). Do the Gleim. Do it again and again and again. I was totally sweating the FAA test and was in and out in 20 minutes with a 90% score and should have had 100 but I made some stupid errors.

My flight school also provided access to the King School on-line training which has practice tests you can take. If you have access to this type of program, use it. I'd take the tests over and over just to get used to seeing the questions and working through them.

Rod Machado's book (or online book that you can put on your phone/tablet) for Sport Pilots also thoroughly covers everything you need to know to pass the written. I read Machado's book, took the Gleim training and passed without issue. King is good too from what I've read.

Back