Does anybody else collect the Aeroshell Cow Posters

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Every year I get the latest Cow poster from Aeroshell at Oshkosh. This year was "The DaMoochi Code", with an appropriate drawing (with backwards writing, no less!).

When I picked up a couple of posters at the show, the lady at the booth asked "what do you people do with these things?", implying that we were somehow strange (hope she gets converted or stays home next year).

I bring home my free poster, and spend about eighty bucks having it framed. Then they get rotated through my home office. Eventually they'll end up in my hangar (when I get one), or in my next ManCave in my next house.

Does anybody else collect these? Or, like Jay, am I going to be known hereafter as "The Cow Guy"?

Every year I get the latest Cow poster from Aeroshell at Oshkosh. This year was "The DaMoochi Code", with an appropriate drawing (with backwards writing, no less!).

When I picked up a couple of posters at the show, the lady at the booth asked "what do you people do with these things?", implying that we were somehow strange (hope she gets converted or stays home next year).

I bring home my free poster, and spend about eighty bucks having it framed. Then they get rotated through my home office. Eventually they'll end up in my hangar (when I get one), or in my next ManCave in my next house.

Does anybody else collect these? Or, like Jay, am I going to be known hereafter as "The Cow Guy"?

I would love to but just saw them this year... but did not know where to get them... Have a spare?!?!?!?!

It's just too cool.

I would love to but just saw them this year... but did not know where to get them... Have a spare?!?!?!?!

It's just too cool.
I DO have a spare, and since you were the first to ask - send me an email with your snailmail.

Isn't it funny how a nice frame can turn a cheap-o paper poster into decorative wall art?

I bought a $5 rolled-up poster of the USS Arizona in the gift shop at Pearl Harbor. My mother-in-law took it and had it framed in a nice wood frame with heavy matting, etc. and now it's hanging over the couch in our living room.

You can keep your $5000 oil canvas. I'll keep shopping the poster bins. :)

Did anyone happen to download any of these? the aeroshell link I posted is no longer there, and I can't find my 2001 poster.

Wow, Tim... 2001! I have only one hanging in my hangar (from last year)... it is even autographed by the team! But, I like it a lot and you really get an appreciation of how talented those guys are when you try a "formation" flight with a group and realize that it really doesn't look like the ones seen in the afternoon airshow!

A buddy of mine has "The Hayviator".
Love 'em.

DANG! A friend has the OSH 2008 cow poster in his very fancy hanger, and I wanted one. I tried an ebay search and found nothing, and now here you are, giving one away! But I'm too late... :cryin:

Tim,

My son had one signed by the Aeroshell team this year. Missed seeing you at the show.

John

A friend of mine has a bunch hanging in his hanger. Too funny.

Tim,

My son had one signed by the Aeroshell team this year. Missed seeing you at the show.

John

This year's just came back from the framer and is hanging on my wall as I type this. It's neat to have the team sign them. I was only at the show on the final Saturday this year so I didn't have any time to meet anyone. Next year, if'n the creek don't rise, we'll be coming out and camping for the week.

Did anyone happen to download any of these? the aeroshell link I posted is no longer there, and I can't find my 2001 poster.
I've got 2000, 01, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08. Want me to send you 01?

I, too, have mine nicely matted and framed. We put 3 or 4 4x6 photos in the frame too (they have their own cut-outs in the mat). I have 2 at my office and 3 at home.

I picked up the 30 year anniversary poster at osh this year, it is cool looking.

Interesting. I notice the "3 speeds" one is not on there (or did I miss it?)

The Shell link apparently only includes posters back to '01. The posters go back to '93.

Wow! I had no idea... I'll have to get some of these for my dad, he's a semi-retired Dairy Science professor.

You're not the only addict... Hoping they continue to make them for as long as they continue to print paper... One of these days, "Budget Cuts" will take them away from us... Grrr

You're not the only addict... Hoping they continue to make them for as long as they continue to print paper... One of these days, "Budget Cuts" will take them away from us... Grrr

I doubt these are at budgetary risk. They are very low cost, high market exposure items in a high margin, small market economy. Considering the persistence of exposure (I typically only see them hanging in hangars and other airport facilities where pilots will see them for a very long time), this is probably one of the highest returns on investment in the entire Shell marketing budget.

Product advertising art is extremely high value, when you find something the market gives recognition, you do your best to keep it going.

As long as they are in demand, they will be at OSH.

I doubt these are at budgetary risk. They are very low cost, high market exposure items in a high margin, small market economy. Considering the persistence of exposure (I typically only see them hanging in hangars and other airport facilities where pilots will see them for a very long time), this is probably one of the highest returns on investment in the entire Shell marketing budget.

Product advertising art is extremely high value, when you find something the market gives recognition, you do your best to keep it going.

As long as they are in demand, they will be at OSH.

I hope you're right... Does anyone remember the little tiny FedEx styrofoam airplanes they used to give out? LOVED those, huge market exposure for Fedex, but they got rid of them... Could happen to anything... What I was trying to get at here... Don't mean to thread drift for any nay sayers out there...

I hope you're right... Does anyone remember the little tiny FedEx styrofoam airplanes they used to give out? LOVED those, huge market exposure for Fedex, but they got rid of them... Could happen to anything... What I was trying to get at here... Don't mean to thread drift for any nay sayers out there...

If it wasn't for the negative market image of adding to styrofoam pollution, you would still be flying your FedX plane.:(

Still looking for a 2000 and 2008 Aero Shell Cow poster from OSH, anyone ?
I have some extras from other years to trade

airfritz@aol.com

got the 2008 still looking for a 2000 and below, anybody? trade or cash!

Last edited:
I could get the picture tubes in the case, so I relieved them of a number of areoshell stickers and the small fabric emblems instead.

Back