Doctor Who Filming Differently ? [N/A]

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
I noticed on tonight's Doctor Who that the look of the picture was different from the previous seasons. It looks fake and shot on B-Roll type cameras. It almost looks like they didn't do post-production on the frames.

I hate the look and to me it's extremely distracting. I've always hated the picture of classic British shows. Doctor Who actually looked good for the past two or three seasons.

Has anyone noticed this?

Last edited:
I agree, I have been really hit and miss with this season. The David Tennant doctor was my favorite all around, but I think Chris E, has the best doctor personality. hopefully the newest one grows on me.

Tonights episode sucked.

They have started using more CGI, especially moving CGI. I don't think the budget's setup for smooth or good CGI.

As for the show direction: they tried making Clara strong but ended up nerfing her into a whiny *****

Last edited:
I'm still partial to Tom Baker. I always got a chuckle when they assigned me to a new supervisor named Tom Baker who me and my coworkers always referred to as "The Good Doctor."

I'm still partial to Tom Baker. I always got a chuckle when they assigned me to a new supervisor named Tom Baker who me and my coworkers always referred to as "The Good Doctor."

Yeah, to me, he's the real Doctor.

I haven't noticed the thing with the picture quality, but maybe that's because I'm still watching it on a CRT.

As for the new actor, I always hate it when they change actors, and then the new one grows on me.

Ya it takes a bit of getting used to, but my favorite doctor is David Tennant.

I like Tennant too. Pertwee was fun. Still, all time favorite episode is City of Death. Tom Baker, Lala Ward, Julian Glover, Leonardo da Vinci (in absentia)...

I don't think its the CGI so much as it is the cameras seem like they are gopros strapped to somebody's head. and a few of the shots are in wide angle which makes it look odd.

Glad to see there are other Doctor fans out here.
Wife owns a Doctors t-shirt with the Tardis being a box full of kittens where each kitten has a face of different Doctor. You have no idea how many funny comments she gets from un-knowing Earthlings: "aawww, a box full of kittens, how cute!" *sigh*

To stay on topic, I haven't had a chance to see any of this year's episodes and I am afraid that I might not like it when I do, judging from the posts here. Let's hope they listen to their fans and fix the quality issues. Nothing more off-putting in a favorite show than detrimental quality.

Glad to see there are other Doctor fans out here.
Wife owns a Doctors t-shirt with the Tardis being a box full of kittens where each kitten has a face of different Doctor. You have no idea how many funny comments she gets from un-knowing Earthlings: "aawww, a box full of kittens, how cute!" *sigh*

To stay on topic, I haven't had a chance to see any of this year's episodes and I am afraid that I might not like it when I do, judging from the posts here. Let's hope they listen to their fans and fix the quality issues. Nothing more off-putting in a favorite show than detrimental quality.

You should really sample an episode or two and judge for yourself. I'm a former video engineer, and if there are quality issues, I didn't notice them.

Back