Doc types

bgdriveway

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
bgdriveway
So I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the basic med details, esp as I generally get a Class 2 medical.

I never have really had need of a doc beyond an occasional ER/Urgent care visit. What are the pros/cons of finding a new family doc that's also a FAA ME? Is it even worth it to look around and see if there's such a person near me?

The statute and the reg say it can be any state-licensed physician, so I don't see any requirement to change your family doc if you want or need to use someone else for the BasicMed exam. As for pros and cons of changing your family doc, I guess it depends on how well you like the one you have.

Or did I misunderstand the question?

I don't have a family doc is the whole point, So if I go looking for one, should I look for one that can also do a class 2 medical? Or is it better to keep them separate?

I don't have a family doc is the whole point, So if I go looking for one, should I look for one that can also do a class 2 medical? Or is it better to keep them separate?
I've seen varying opinions on that here. I don't have anything to offer on it, but if I figure out a way to find one of the old threads on the subject, I'll post a link.

There's no flying for hire under BasicMed, so I'm not sure how that figures into your plans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back