Votes: 11 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • Yes, but I feel peer pressure to say no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I feel peer pressure to say yes

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I don't wash my car at all. Automotive paint is tough stuff - decorative, sure, but it's there to protect the metal. I have a friend who layers on the "protective" products, wax sealers, etc. At what point is it silly? It rains sometimes where I live - that takes the pollen and road dirt off. My current ride is 10 years old and I've never washed it, except the wheels once, I think. The paint is fine. . .and life is short. If you enjoy the chore, go for ir, sure - but I think it's probaly a waste of time otherwise, and I doubt it adds longevity to a vehicle, unless it's an antique or much older machine.

A clean vehicle just makes me feel good and leaves a good impression especially if your using it for business.
Years ago I got all black 87 ramcharger new. I put suspension, gears and big wheels and tires on it when it had zero miles. I bought it stripped.

So it stood out and I used it for what it was for, off road a lot. I washed that thing 2-3 times a week.
Even when it was dirty people would say to me I really like your truck and how clean you keep it.

Ahh to be young....

Last edited:
My wife's car is black and is garaged, so it still looks good after 15 years. It gets washed whenever it looks dirty.

Wash? Sometimes. Maintenance? Always.

I fill it with gas and try and get it to the car wash on a regular basis. Her SUV resides in the garage most days because we use my suv around town and with the dog. We mostly break hers out for travel.
822895ED-9EC6-46B6-8B75-061F112775BB.jpeg

Last edited:
For my own vehicles, every few gas fill ups when the pump asks if I want to also buy a car wash, I'll hit YES.
After filling the tank, drive it through the car wash.
I'm not doing it at home by hand.

I voted no. But only because she doesn't have a car (and neither do I). We have a Volvo S60 and a Ford Explorer. Neither is "hers" or "mine". You take the vehicle which suits your mission. When I was driving 45 miles to the airport, I took the Volvo. If I have to got to Home Depot to get some 2x4's, I take the Explorer.

Back