Do you get a flu shot?

Do you get a flu shot

• Yes I do. Thank you for asking.

Votes: 65 53.7%
  • No. It is the government trying to poison us with Mercury

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • No. Just wash your hands and don't touch your face.

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • I get one but I don't believe it really works.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I think it works but I don't get one.

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Bonanza.

Votes: 17 14.0%

• Total voters
The staying home if you're sick is a big thing. Part of why I don't bother with it is pretty low exposure with my desk job, and staying home when I'm sick. Now, if I started spending a lot more time in commercial airports and on commercial flights around (gasp) "Regular People", I would probably change my stance.

You're forgetting that you are infected and contagious for at least two days before you start showing symptoms. During that period of illusory health, you are running around infecting your friends, coworkers and strangers at the store.

Thanks for nothin', meathead! All of ya'll other meatheads, too.

This thread validates my earlier decision to not ask pilots for medical advice.

Even if the flu shot is only 50% effective, that's 50% more than not getting the shot.

And having had the actual flu, I'll happily take a shot that had a 50% chance of my not getting it again.

Last edited:
10 years living in US I got flu twice, both times a week after the shot. So no thanks.

I was born and raised in eastern part of India where malaria kills a bunch of people every year, never got that. Now I just choose to believe that first world born pathogens can’t attack me
As someone else mentioned, you might have waited too long - takes two weeks to become effective. . .

Back