Do any of the GPS units have this

coloradobluesky

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
coloradobluesky
I have two GPS, a King IFR KLN90B and Garmin handheld 396 and they have a lot of information in them. Neither has Flight Service frequenies. With Flight Watch gone, I need Flight Service for weather info.

Do any of the aircraft GPS units have flight service frequencies?

Last edited:
I have two GPS, a King IFR KLN90B and Garmin handheld 350 and they have a lot of information in them. Neither has Flight Service frequenies. With Flight Watch gone, I need Flight Service for weather info.

The KLN90B has FSS in the database. See page 3-52 in the Pilot's guide...

AFAIK, all IFR enroute charts have the FSS freqs on the VOR data box.

I have two GPS, a King IFR KLN90B and Garmin handheld 350 and they have a lot of information in them. Neither has Flight Service frequenies. With Flight Watch gone, I need Flight Service for weather info.

Garmin 430, 650 and G1000 all have FSS frequencies in the "nearest" chapter.

Hey, the KLN90B has the FSS frequencies! Thx. Learned something new about the box!

I miss my GTN-650....it had all that in it. Remember flying home from NC to FL and wanted to get an advisory, was super simple to look it up.

I have two GPS, a King IFR KLN90B and Garmin handheld 396 and they have a lot of information in them. Neither has Flight Service frequenies. With Flight Watch gone, I need Flight Service for weather info.

The common FSS freq is 122.2. Should work anywhere. Check the legend page on any sectional or low altitude enroute chart.

Bob Gardner

Last edited:
Back