Do Any Legitimate Mailers use Constant Contact?

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill
I've pretty much decided to block all mail sent through Constant Contact because I don't recall ever having received an actual opt-in mail sent through that service. In fact, because I get very little spam overall, mail sent through Constant Contact constitutes a large percentage of my spam, and as far as I can tell, zero percentage of my legit mail.

Can anyone provide one example of a legitimate company that sends legitimate, opt-in mail through Constant Contact? All I need is one example to change my plan. I don't want to block any client's legitimate mailings.

Thanks,

Rich

Yes. An executive coach and networking group (small company) i belong to uses Constant Contact. A university entrepreneurship program I work with uses CC. Both vet their recipients pretty well.

For smaller organizations it tends to be a reasonable option. Larger groups either use internal mailers or CRM systems to do their mailings.

Yes. An executive coach and networking group (small company) i belong to uses Constant Contact. A university entrepreneurship program I work with uses CC. Both vet their recipients pretty well.

For smaller organizations it tends to be a reasonable option. Larger groups either use internal mailers or CRM systems to do their mailings.

Okay, thanks.

I may still block them on my own domains because I can't recall having received anything through their service that wasn't outright spam, but I won't block their whole IP range at the firewall like I was planning to do.

Rich

They sponsor NPR so they must be legit

They sponsor NPR so they must be legit

Well... I suppose someone has to.

They need to monitor their user companies more carefully. They're whitelisted by most RBLs because it's a fact that idiot users have a habit of reporting opted-in mail as spam once they no longer want to receive it, rather than politely unsubscribing like people endowed with normal brains. But for the past few months I've been getting a lot of absolute garbage coming through their service (mainly spam for peniphernalia from supposedly-Canadian pharmacies).

Rich

At a glance in my inbox, these three use it:

Dynon Avionics

The Twin Cessna Flyer club

Barnstormers

Back