DNC Convention has Shunned an Industry of the Working... Woman

K

KennyFlys

The naked truth: Strip-club business slow

The political convention is kind of a bust for downtown strip clubs, but techies in town for next week's electronics show should give the clubs a boost, one exotic dancer said.

Michelle Horning, a dancer at La Boheme, said business is slower this week than normal because there is a big lull in customers in the evenings during the political speeches.

She said last week was good when politicians' advance teams were in town ahead of the convention.

The Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association show hits the Colorado Convention Center starting Wednesday.

"If the DNC is a bust, then the CEDIA will pick us up," Horning said. Business at another club, the Diamond Cabaret, has remained steady, employees said, despite several road closures due to protests that shut off the club's valet parking.
The Diamond Cabaret is supposed to be the classiest place in town. I had never been but once knew a guy who bartended there. He was not hurting for cash and apparently, neither were the girls.

Shotgun Willies is more my style, at least by the name. I had been there only once for someone's birthday party.

I don't know whether to be impressed or bemused that the Dems would rather listen to a political speech than to check out the local ballet.....

I don't know whether to be impressed or bemused that the Dems would rather listen to a political speech than to check out the local ballet.....
I don't think they are classy enough to be attending the "ballet." :D

Maybe they thought Hillary would show up and.......never mind -- that's too scary a thought.

Maybe they thought Hillary would show up and.......never mind -- that's too scary a thought.
:eek: :hairraise: :eek: :hairraise: :eek:We have no icon with which to display the shock to my moral character such an image would cause.

Heck, I think that would even scare Bill away! :)

Back