Disney Perm Flight Restrictions going away?

Truth, every time I’ve been to ISM I get vectors right thru the TFR on the approach to 15.
We made our first trip to Florida when I had maybe 100 hrs. On vfr ff to ism, and was given a vector. A bit later she told me to resume direct to ism, which would've taken me right through the tfr. I was a nervous low time pilot, so I turned to avoid it. Suddenly I hear my tail number and "sir, I need you to go direct to ism. The tfr doesn't exist when you're talking to me. " in a very firm voice. I'll never forget that lol.

We all know what happens when you bust the presidential tfr...but are they gonna send the fighters up to keep you clear of mickey mouse?

We all know what happens when you bust the presidential tfr...but are they gonna send the fighters up to keep you clear of mickey mouse?
Flash forward 20 years and Disney has a contract with Blackwater, through several shell companies, who install SAM sites around the park.

Flash forward 20 years and Disney has a contract with Blackwater, through several shell companies, who install SAM sites around the park.

Please confine that discussion to the TS-SAR subforums.

Mods, please move to the secured portion of POA.

:) If you really want to wind up Disney, make the argument that Mickey Mouse is old enough to be in public domain, so they should lose copyright protection of it.

But what does the tfr accomplish? If I want to crash into or bomb the crowd the tfr isn’t going to impede me in any way.

Don't tell the Homeland Security Administration. The entire organization is operated by a bureaucracy that constantly tells the American people what they see isn't happening, and those running the agency actually believe that. They would be crushed to discover there's nothing preventing bad actors from ignoring TFRs.

Don't tell the Homeland Security Administration. The entire organization is operated by a bureaucracy that constantly tells the American people what they see isn't happening, and those running the agency actually believe that. They would be crushed to discover there's nothing preventing bad actors from ignoring TFRs.

TFRs stop rogue pilots the same way gun control keeps criminals from acquiring firearms and border entry points prevent people from entering the country illegally. Bottom line: if people want to do bad things, you can put all the laws in place that you want, but they WANT to do bad things, so breaking the law is not a problem for them.

For some reason, legislators, bureaucrats, and most of the under-50 generation can’t seem to understand this concept.

ETA: This is not at all to say I’m anti-authority or anti-law. I just think there needs to be some “duh” kind of common sense sometimes.

Last edited:
While it’s true that a TFR won’t stop some suicidal maniac from crashing his 172 into Cinderella’s Castle, at least it provides the FAA a means to revoke his certificate afterwards.

ETA: This is not at all to say I’m anti-authority or anti-law. I just think there needs to be some “duh” kind of common sense sometimes. Some TFRs are very good. Presidential TFRs for instance, are a way to ensure that there isn’t an unforeseen breach of security. The secret service makes every effort to protect the country’s highest office from every threat they can. Keeping law abiding pilots out of that ring makes it easier to identify a potential threat before it becomes too much of an issue in the same way that they metal detect people before they enter a presidential event.

But what does the tfr accomplish? If I want to crash into or bomb the crowd the tfr isn’t going to impede me in any way.
Sort of like the Meigs bulldozing in the name of safety. If I want to fly the lakefront I no longer have to talk to anyone if I wanted to do something sinister...

Again y'all miss the point. The TFR isn't there to prevent you from crashing into Disney, it's to give Disney control over "nuisances" like people flying banners over their parks. Much the same as the sports arenas ones.

While it’s true that a TFR won’t stop some suicidal maniac from crashing his 172 into Cinderella’s Castle, at least it provides the FAA a means to revoke his certificate afterwards.
It's a good thing they can revoke his certificate after he's a smoking hole in the side of the castle, lol. Don't want that pile of ashes getting any crazy ideas!

Back