Disney Channel Looking for Female Pilots Ages 5-16

Ah, I knew you had to be 16 to solo, but wasn't aware that the student pilot cert would be withheld also.

I didn't know that either.

If a student solos on her 16th birthday, does that mean that she must visit the AME before heading to the airport that day?

I don't need a government license for quite a few firearms.

Well I've done that. I guess I am a surgeon. Who knew. Guess I can tell everyone I'm an active surgeon.

And we can always pick and choose defintions of "pilot"

From M-W:
Full Definition of PILOT

c : a person who flies or is qualified to fly an aircraft or spacecraft

I suppose we could define qualifications as well, luckily the FARs do that for us. And we know what those say.
It does say "or," so M-W doesn't *require* any qualifications, but if you're somehow qualified and don't fly or haven't ever, you're still a pilot-ish creature.

Well I've done that. I guess I am a surgeon. Who knew. Guess I can tell everyone I'm an active surgeon.

And we can always pick and choose defintions of "pilot"

From M-W:
Full Definition of PILOT

c : a person who flies or is qualified to fly an aircraft or spacecraft

I suppose we could define qualifications as well, luckily the FARs do that for us. And we know what those say.
I notice you didn't pick and choose the one about driving boats. Maybe that's what the original author was after. It's hard to know. :rolleyes2: However, you'll note that the "full" definition is the same as what I posted. The part about qualification is in the disjunctive. So you can be a pilot based on flying or based on qualifications. :yes:

Back