disinsection products

islandboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
islandboy
Anybody know how/where to easily obtain small vessels of disinsection spray for use on international flights in light aircraft?

It's the crap they spray on the airliners, just in tiny bottles.

Yo, dat ant is so stoopid he thought he was an uncle. (I just dissed an insect. Say it, don't spray it!)

I didn't know there was a spray available. I thought shots and pills were still required.

Why would you need it?
Choose your passengers more carefully

Health and agriculture inspectors at international airports can turn one away if there is no evidence that the stuff's been used.

Why would you need it?

Looks like it depends on the location and if you're doing residual or space spraying. Looks like one approved for residual is standard permethrin 2%, which is pretty easy to find if the country accepts stuff that doesn't say it has to be aircraft stuff. 10% is easily available from Amazon, just add water.

A couple of places I know may even require logging of the canister numbers used during flight. So, the more official I can make it, the less likely I'll get turned away, fined, etc. The funny part is that I can crawl out of my plane and face the white glove test, while a foreign cargo boat loaded with tires filled with water and mosquitoes pulls into port without a glance.

Looks like it depends on the location and if you're doing residual or space spraying. Looks like one approved for residual is standard permethrin 2%, which is pretty easy to find if the country accepts stuff that doesn't say it has to be aircraft stuff. 10% is easily available from Amazon, just add water.

The only time I have seen a "disinsection" in progress was on my Honeymoon in 1982. The local authority in St. Thomas, USVI climbed up the stairs and stood in the doorway of our 727 and held up an aerosol can. He pressed the button and "tssssst". The duration was about one second. Plane completely disinsectified :frown2:, and we were good to go!

-Skip

Back