Disgruntled ex-employee calls 787 unsafe

I say let EADS test it (NOT!) ;)

As for the screening under that plastic. This is not the first plastic plane, is that same technique used elsewhere and if so how has it fared?

Hmmm...
Though aluminum airplanes are safe to fly through lightning storms, Weldon wrote, "I do not have even close to the same level of confidence" for the 787.
I certainly didn't know that! Maybe I'll have to try that some time! NOT!

Hmmm...
I certainly didn't know that! Maybe I'll have to try that some time! NOT!
About the AL ones in lightening storms?

I have been in AL tube planes that have been hit by lightening twice. Once was no big deal and we did not even notice. Upon landing one of the antennas was rather mangled. The second time was a bit more memorable. We were hit and most all of the circuit breakers popped. That woke up everyone on board. BTW both were Air Force planes and we tended to fly in some not ideal conditions from time to time.

Nothing will freak you out like St Elmo's fire dancing on the windscreen. You just start to anticipate the lightning strike...

This would be the same network that gave us, "Sudden Acceleration" Audis, with "evidence" provided by the Plaintiffs' lawyers?

Gotta say, carbon fiber is not exactly unproven technology.

"Weldon denied to OSHA investigators that he had referred to a noose and said the "meat hook" reference had not been a threat."

Not a threat? Maybe it was a promise?

Back