Discussions with my dad: what plane would work?

+++++++++++++++
Greetings,
First posting.
More important than the length perhaps are the approaches and obstacles at the ends.
Best Wishes
Bob

The place where we would put the strip is very open. There's 2,000 ft of clear space. One direction goes towards another one of our barns. Biggest thing there is the power lines but the groundhogs keep digging around the poles. If they ever get knocked down we will see about running a line underground (the current is just for a few lights and the water pumps/ water fountain heaters so not much). We'd take a few of the trees down too, giving us a clear shot over our pasture and another field (probably another 1500 ft before the next obstacle above 10 ft agl.)
The other end of the strip has about 500 ft. Of field, and then a road and powerline.
So all in its 2,000 ft of confortable space, with am extra 500 if needed.
I'll try to post a pic sometime.
GCBC would be my choice and in nice shape. A hangar would be a must.
What's a gcbc?
No matter what plane we would theoretically get, a hangar is a must for me too.

The place where we would put the strip is very open. There's 2,000 ft of clear space. One direction goes towards another one of our barns. Biggest thing there is the power lines but the groundhogs keep digging around the poles. If they ever get knocked down we will see about running a line underground (the current is just for a few lights and the water pumps/ water fountain heaters so not much). We'd take a few of the trees down too, giving us a clear shot over our pasture and another field (probably another 1500 ft before the next obstacle above 10 ft agl.)
The other end of the strip has about 500 ft. Of field, and then a road and powerline.
So all in its 2,000 ft of confortable space, with am extra 500 if needed.
I'll try to post a pic sometime.

What's a gcbc?
No matter what plane we would theoretically get, a hangar is a must for me too.

I think gcbc is a Citabria... I owned a champ (same airframe) which was a 7bcm.

Back