Discounts for factory new aircraft?

Hanno Kraatz

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Hanno
Hi Community,

after investing many thoughts we decided against buying an old C182 for upgrade inside, outside and all new Garmin Avionics but a factory new one. This decision has been a partially emotional and partially rational down to our precise circumstances.

Cessna Dealer offered 5% discount which sounds a bit low given that I do not think Cessna is able to cherrypick their buyers for pistons... anybody gone through this exercise lately? Thanks and regards! Hanno

Hi Community,

after investing many thoughts we decided against buying an old C182 for upgrade inside, outside and all new Garmin Avionics but a factory new one. This decision has been a partially emotional and partially rational down to our precise circumstances.

Cessna Dealer offered 5% discount which sounds a bit low given that I do not think Cessna is able to cherrypick their buyers for pistons... anybody gone through this exercise lately? Thanks and regards! Hanno
5% seems a little low to me too, but I have never looked at a new aircraft.

I don't know anything about your situation, but how about a "practically" new airplane, like this one:
https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/32327705/2018-cessna-182t-skylane
It even has air conditioning, which will be a high priority item for me if I ever buy another plane.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Hi there, thanks for that - saw these also but we are after a 2019 which features the latest upgrades to the G1000NXi incl. Iridium Module... we are based out of Europe and unfortunately weather via ADS-B does not work so Iridium is the only option for us...

...Cessna Dealer offered 5% discount which sounds a bit low given that I do not think Cessna is able to cherrypick their buyers for pistons...

Congratulations on the decision.

However, I don't think Cessna is having any trouble selling every 172 and 182 it can produce right now. So I wouldn't expect much in the way of discounts.

Our Club has been trying to add a 182 to our 16 plane fleet for about six months now. A new one is beyond our means, so we've been looking for a late model G1000 equipped one. The prices of both new ones and good used ones have been rising relentlessly in the past few years. The good late model used ones now get snapped up in hours or days.

That is likely the best discount you will get; some models of new planes offer zero discount, and a waiting list to boot.

Back