Disclosure of an MIP

P

Pilot J

Hello,

I was hoping to get some input on a question I had. When I was a freshman in college (Age 19) I was arrested for an MIP, the charge to which was later dropped. I got my medical when I was 18 and am still using the same medical, however with me graduating from college soon and looking for jobs I know I will have to re-up my medical to do commercial work. I know that you are required to disclose convictions for alcohol on the questionnaire but will I have to since I was not convicted? If I do what is my best course of action? Is there a point where I no longer need to do such thing when applying for my medical? If not is there anything I can do to have it removed from the record (so I will not have to say it anymore, and or it not be able to be seen)?

Thank you for any advice you can give me

ARRESTS and convictions.

Boy, I don't see that verbiage in section w of the online 8500-8 that I'm looking at. Section v uses the term arrest but I would think a MIP would be a non-traffic violation subject to section w, and not v, since v specifically refers to driving while intoxicated or impaired.

BTW, it appears that the term 'arrest' was recently added (2008 maybe) to section v. Many online 8500-8 PDFs are apparently older and don't include that verbiage...including one I pulled up on AOPA's site.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back