Disappointed with Dare to Dream at KFXE

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Disappointed with follow up. Started Cirrus transition training while on vacation February 4-7. Didn't complete it, but had 2 hours ground and 10.5 hours in the air. While going through it, enjoyed the training. However, since I ran out of time for completion, needed training records to pass along to guy here (apparently Cirrus has standardized forms that supplements the log book). Guy is a CTC. Been asking for almost 3 months for training records so I can pass along to group here in Chicago that will complete the training. Numerous calls, texts, messages to him - with no response, not even "I'm working on it". Spent $3,500 in a couple of days. Seems they are happy to take your $$$$ but don't do the follow up. He's lost an annual customer as I go down to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area frequently due to a large client there.

Never good when they don't respond,are you sure they did keep the info correctly? I hope you copied this complaint to cirrus. Good luck

Never good when they don't respond,are you sure they did keep the info correctly? I hope you copied this complaint to cirrus. Good luck

Ron, I did speak with Cirrus yesterday. I warned the guy last week via a text (never responded what a surprise) that I was going to go public. They are a Cirrus Training Center and their records are reviewed by Cirrus every now and again so I am assuming they have records. At least I have my log entries. I just wanted to let everyone here know as I did like the training and spoke highly of them right after the training. That part of my experience hasn't changed. It's a shame that I won't go back to them because of this.

Is the flight school on Yelp or Google Review? A bad public review can either turn a business or crush it.

I signed a contract when I began transition training. Were they to supply the necessary records in the contract? Did you pay with a credit card? If so, then call the credit card company and file fraud on the transaction. 3 months is usually the limit though.

BTW, I'm not advocating that the OP try to cheat them out of money....I just think this will get their attention.

Do they have a FB page? I've posted on business FB pages to get a response when all else failed. Don't rant. Just state the facts. Start or finish with "I was disappointed when..."

I signed a contract when I began transition training. Were they to supply the necessary records in the contract? Did you pay with a credit card? If so, then call the credit card company and file fraud on the transaction. 3 months is usually the limit though.

BTW, I'm not advocating that the OP try to cheat them out of money....I just think this will get their attention.

Thanks, but I'm not going to do that since I did get the training and it is in my log. I did not sign a contract. I did speak to Cirrus and will look at giving a bad review on Yelp. This is just so disappointing because I did enjoy the training. Because they are a Cirrus Trained by Center they are required to maintain and provide reports. I'm sure Cirrus will get back to me.

Do they have a FB page? I've posted on business FB pages to get a response when all else failed. Don't rant. Just state the facts. Start or finish with "I was disappointed when..."

Good advice. Just did it.

You call their office number and no one answers? Maybe they went belly up...

You call their office number and no one answers? Maybe they went belly up...

No they're still around. They recently updated their website (probably with my money) and got a new phone system. They have posted on their Facebook page a few times since I've been asking for the records. I'm thinking about asking Henning to physically see if they're around.

I'm thinking about asking Henning to physically see if they're around.

That came to mind for me, too. He could go in as though looking for the same training as you and ask about records transfer... sharing his "concern" based on what he saw on FB and some popular aviation forums....

They are around. Which CFI did you train with?

Each one is responsible for his own record keeping, in addition to the CTC.

Have your attorney write them a scare gram.

That is strange. If it is C.L? that still own the company.
He have always been very helpful and delivered what he promised to me.

I hope you get your records.

That is strange. If it is C.L? that still own the company.
He have always been very helpful and delivered what he promised to me.

I hope you get your records.

It was CL. Very disappointed in lack of follow up. Out of curiosity he did call today and left a VM when I was in a meeting. Did you say something to him? Maybe he only delivers when you are a local, current student. Nonetheless I am extremely disappointed. I totally had him pegged wrong.

Last edited:
Have your attorney write them a scare gram.

A $5 letter doesn't typically do much good if the recipient is wise enough to recognize it as a $5 letter. And most business owners are.

It was CL. Very disappointed in lack of follow up. Out of curiosity he did call today and left a VM when I was in a meeting. Did you say something to him? Maybe he only delivers when you are a local, current student. Nonetheless I am extremely disappointed. I totally had him pegged wrong.

No i have not talked to him about this.
But hopefully he help you now.

And i agree he should have done this much earlier.

Good luck.

He called me today apologized for not getting back sooner, and provided me with the training records. At least I have them now.

Excellent. I'm glad you have it resolved. I didn't call you cause I hadn't been able to make it there (it's a bit far for me)

Luis.

He called me today apologized for not getting back sooner, and provided me with the training records. At least I have them now.

funny how things get done when it becomes a priority. blowing you off for months is unprofessional. In this day and age of cell phones and email, there is almost no excuse for not getting back with someone sooner.

funny how things get done when it becomes a priority. blowing you off for months is unprofessional. In this day and age of cell phones and email, there is almost no excuse for not getting back with someone sooner.

He said he heard from Cirrus and that I had posted on the Internet. Like I said, enjoyed the training but didn't like the follow up.

So I finally had time to look at my training binder. It has me listed as training in a Cirrus perspective. False. The pilot profile had me at over 5 years IFR. False. It indicated we did abnormal engine functions. False. Cannot understand it. It's as if he copied someone else's binder. Smh.

So I finally had time to look at my training binder. It has me listed as training in a Cirrus perspective. False. The pilot profile had me at over 5 years IFR. False. It indicated we did abnormal engine functions. False. Cannot understand it. It's as if he copied someone else's binder. Smh.

I've got to agree with the concept of a hardcopy letter with copy to Cirrus. State plainly that the records sent to you do not match your records (and I assume the CFI signed your logbook) and please resolve the discrepancy immediately.
USPS with signature confirming receipt.

Wow....just wow. But, they have a chute, right?

I'd say let Cirrus put the grip on them at this point. Make some noise at Cirrus again. They don't want dead beat operator just as much as you.

What is the tail number of the plane you trained in?

This is from their website:

Avionics/Radios:
Avidyne Entegra PFD (Primary Flight Display)
Avidyne FlightMax EX5000C Multi-Function Display
GARMIN GNS 430 Color GPS/COM/
NAV
GARMIN Terrain Awareness System
S-TEC System Fifty Five X Autopilot
Electric Attitude Indicator
GARMIN GMA 340 Audio Panel
GARMIN GTX 327 Transponder
Dual Alternator System
Dual Battery System

I've never flown a Cirrus with the Perspective.

Back