Disappointed in Aircraft Spruce

I’ve always been extremely pleased with ACS. On Monday I ordered a rebuilt carb from Aeroparts Southwest with 3 day shipping. Called that morning to ask a question on the core return. They said they would get right back to me but never heard from them. Called this morning after the package still hadn’t arrived and again was promised a call back right back. Called them again at 3 pm and was fed a line of BS and was told it would ship Monday. I told them to just cancel it and I will be ordering from Spruce. I ordered from them because it was 180.00 cheaper than spruce, guess you get what you pay for.

I saw this post recently and didn't comment, as I've always used ACS and found that although not stellar their service is adequate, that is, until today. A month or so ago I ordered LED position lights. The green arrived first, with the white back ordered (no red needed with a Skybeacon). I installed the green with no problems, but when the white arrived I could see it was broken at the base. It was packed really well, and arrived in an undamaged box (actually a box within a box within a box), so it must have been damaged before being shipped. I called ACS for a refund (mind you, this was THE DAY it arrived), and they said because the order was three weeks old (due to THEIR back order), they would not give a refund. Its only a $30 light bulb, but things like this make me shop elsewhere.

Back