Disappearing Threads

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Why do the threads I respond to disappear? Did I click the wrong button? Am I on probation and my post must be reviewed? :confused:

Hopefully, I can prove myself so I can fly solo.......someday!:goofy:

Let me just guess for a minute, here.

You go to the home page for POA, and on the left column, you select the link for "New Posts". Then you get a list of posts and respond to one or two.

Later, you go to the home page for POA again and once more you select the link for "New Posts". The threads you responded to are no longer in the list.

The reason is that "New Posts" means threads that have been added to since the last time you read them. And since you were the last person to add to those threads, they are no longer "New Posts" to you.

There are a couple of ways to see those threads again.

1) Remember which forum they were in and at the bottom of the page find Forum Jump. Select the forum and all the threads, including both old and new, will be listed.

2) Click on your name and when your profile shows up, select the "Statistics" tab. You will then find a link for all threads you have started and all posts you have made. Select one of those and you can read the thread again.

Welcome!

Looks like you've got 8 posts to your name.

What do you mean by disappearing posts?

What do you mean by disappearing posts?

Disappearing threads. It seemed like whenever I posted to a thread it disappeared. I was feeling no love at all! :dunno:

Ms. Peggy has it right I think. Now that I have taken my meds and the paranoia has subsided (kidding) I'm pretty sure it was "operator error". :yes:

Disappearing threads. It seemed like whenever I posted to a thread it disappeared. I was feeling no love at all! :dunno:

Now that I have taken my meds and the parinoia has subsided I'm pretty sure it was "operator error". :yes:
Explain "disappeared"

Did oyu do a 'new posts' responded and then hit 'new posts' again? If you did the thread is there, it just has no new posts so you will not see it in the list. To look it up you would actually need to look at the forum category that it is published in.

I think his problem may be related to a lack of familiarity with the software as shown above.

Yup! Pilot error! ;) Got it figured out now. Who would have thought I needed transition training for a forum?;) I assumed my posts were being screened to ensure I wasn't a bad guy, but I was wrong. You know what happens when you assume!

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the Welcome Ms Peggy! Pretty cool site. I hope I can fit in. :cheers:

Last edited:
Yup! Pilot error! ;) Got it figured out now. Who would have thought I needed transition training for a forum?;) I assumed my posts were being screened to ensure I wasn't a bad guy, but I was wrong. You know what happens when you assume!

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the Welcome Ms Peggy! Pretty cool site. I hope I can fit in. :cheers:
No problem and welcome aboard! Better to ask questions and find out than to wallow in ignorance! At least that is my opinion! :cheerswine:

Pretty cool site. I hope I can fit in. :cheers:

Welcome aboard! It's pretty easy to fit in here. :yes:

Do you know any of our members in the LNK area, or did you find us "cold?" We do have at least four active members from Lincoln. :yes:

Geico--one nice feature that'll help you with this--is the fact that the forum will track all the threads you've posted in. If you post in a thread and someone else posts in it later it will appear in User CP under Subscribed threads.

I never actually look into individual forums on this site. I click User CP and look at the threads I was involved with to see if they are worth reading and posting more in and then I look at New Posts to find some new content to be involved with. I probably read about 25% of this forum and even that much takes a great deal of time.

Back