Disability

U

Unregistered

Can I hold a 3rd class medical certificate if I receive social security disability? I was diagnosed and receive benefits for severe osteoarthritis and pseudogout. I am not on prescription medications but use Advil during flare ups.

The level of the disability has to be continually documented to be serious enough to win SSD but not so severe as to interfere with pilot duties.

It's tricky. I have accomplished this in the past, but....it's tricky....a NYC patrol officer with occupation specific disability could no longer make the PD physical standard, but that is well above what is required for aviation.

I live in the Phoenix metro area, is their anyone that I could contact to help me pursue this endeavour?

a NYC patrol officer with occupation specific disability could no longer make the PD physical standard, but that is well above what is required for aviation.

Great. Maybe if I worked a little harder I'd be able to afford to pay for my own flying out of what's left after I've paid for his.

Can I hold a 3rd class medical certificate if I receive social security disability? I was diagnosed and receive benefits for severe osteoarthritis and pseudogout. I am not on prescription medications but use Advil during flare ups.

Pseudogout? I get the real deal and no disability for me. Mrs. Steingar has osteoarthritis everywhere and none for her. We must be in the wrong line of work or something.

I live in the Phoenix metro area, is their anyone that I could contact to help me pursue this endeavour?

I also live in the PHX area, and have SSD and a 3rd class medical. If you want someone that will work with you, contact Gordon Ritter, in Prescott. He will do all he can to get you flying again. He is the Dr. Bruce in the West. Hope this info helps you.

Steve

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back